National Experts on Rule of Law and Human Rights (Roster)
Application deadline 5 months ago: Friday 26 Aug 2022 at 00:00 UTCOpen application form
This is a Consultancy contract. More about Consultancy contracts.
The OSCE Mission to Skopje is the Organization's longest-serving field operation working on inter-ethnic relations, early warning, the rule of law, democratic governance and transnational threats and police reform.
As part of its Rule of Law and Human Rights programme, the OSCE Mission to Skopje supports host country institutions through implementation of applicable international standards and OSCE commitments in the areas of the judiciary and fundamental rights, in line with North Macedonia’s strategic priorities.
The Mission is updating its Roster of potential candidates to provide temporary expert/consultancy assistance for the needs of its ongoing and future programmatic activities, within the following areas:
- Supporting judicial and criminal justice system reforms and policy making;
- Trial monitoring and targeted research;
- Capacity building of the judiciary and public prosecution;
- Supporting institutional impartiality and anti-corruption;
- Supporting tolerance and anti-discrimination, gender equality and prevention and protection from gender based violence;
- Countering hate crime and hate speech;
- Countering trafficking of human beings.
Applicants’ successful placement on the Consultancy Roster is subject to their meeting the minimum qualification and skill level for the consultancy, and does not express or imply any guarantee of engagement with the OSCE Mission to Skopje.
Requisition reopened to expand the pool of applicants. Candidates that already applied do not need to re-apply and their application is considered as valid
Tasks and responsibilities:
Tasks and responsibilities are specific to separate engagements and to the nature of the project in question. Typical assignments may include, but are not limited to:
- Provision of oral and/or written expertise, technical and strategic assistance in the development of legislation and policies in the area of Rule of Law and Human Rights;
- Conducting assessment of practical implementation of adopted legislation and policies in the area of Rule of Law and Human Rights;
- Developing legal and social science research in the relevant rule of law and human rights program areas;
- Conceptualization and drafting of policies, strategic documents and action plans;
- Developing and delivering capacity building programs (trainings, seminars, workshops, round tables, conferences, study visits etc.);
- Contribution to thematic knowledge resources, commentaries to laws, guidebooks, manuals, textbooks, national jurisprudence editions, standard operating procedures, rulebooks, etc.;
- Developing communication, outreach and promotional materials for stakeholders in the area of Rule of Law and Human Rights;
- Planning, facilitation and participation in events and activities organized by the Mission.
- Citizenship of or permanent residence in the Republic of North Macedonia;
- University degree in Law, Political Sciences, International Relations, Social Sciences, Humanities and similar;
- Minimum of five years practical experience in a related field (rule of law, capacity building of legal practitioners, human rights, anti-discrimination, gender equality, gender-based violence, tolerance, good governance or anti-corruption);
- Proven record of successful project/consultancy services in the related fields of expertise;
- Experience with OSCE or other international organization in the country;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, advanced drafting and organizational skills;
- Computer literacy;
- Working knowledge of English would be an asset, but will depend on the requirements for a specific activity.
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
Remuneration shall be based on established OSCE rates, depending primarily on the nature of required services (e.g. complexity, difficulty and amount of work to be performed and the level of expertise required).
If you wish to apply, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org.
Please note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Online Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered.
We will be in further contact with you only if you are considered for further assessment. The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy or to cancel the recruitment.
Candidates meeting the requirements will be subject to assessment of specific skills, which may include testing and interview. Successful candidates will be placed on the Consultancy Roster and may be contacted when an operational need arises.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds, as well as persons with disabilities.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
- Issued by: OSCE Mission to Skopje
- Requisition ID: HUM000054
- Contract Type: Special Service Agreement (SSA) / Consultant
- Grade: No grade
- Job Type: Consultant
- Number of posts: Roster
- Location: OSCE Mission to Skopje, Skopje
- Issue Date: Aug 12, 2022
- Closing Date: Aug 26, 2022
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (First-level university degree or equivalent)
- Job Field: Rule of Law