Midwife ( Afghan National Only)
Fast-track your UN career: Let the AI Application Assistant tailor your applications to catch recruiters' attention.
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of the team; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for IRC programs. - Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs. - Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and provide guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions. - Provide support and mentorship to other health clinical staff, providing on-the-job training where needed.
- Provide direct clinical care, working closely with the other health clinical staff to ensure the delivery of high quality comprehensive primary healthcare services. - Triage, screening, and assessment of patients. - Performs basic and assisted delivery care. - Performs any needed neonatal and obstetric resuscitation activity. - Ensures timely supported referrals to the nearest Emergency Obstetric Care center. - Refers STI cases to the medical doctor. - Identifies survivors of sexual assault and refers them for registration, counseling, and clinical care support
- Provides antenatal and postnatal care in line with relevant standards and protocols. - Delivery of hygiene promotion, health education and patient/care giver counselling. - Ensure adherence to infection prevention and control measures in line with COVID guidance - Ensure accurate recording of information in the clinic registers, and timely completion of summary reports. - Carry out duties as per duty roster - Ensure patient confidentiality is respected, and that all consultations are conducted in a dignified and respectful manner
- Education: Qualified Midwifery diploma/certificate and registered with the Ministry of Health - Years of Experience: At least 2 years clinical midwifery experience.
- Previous experience and training in sexual gender-based violence and clinical care for sexual assault survivors and advantage, Work with and support community volunteers to provide health promotion, community mobilization and awareness raising. - Ensure regular inventory and consumption tracking of medical drugs and supplies. - Work with relevant staff to ensure prompt requesting of medical drugs and supplies.
- Technical Competency: Ability and flexibility to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with the local health representatives. - Skills to provide sensitive and appropriate medical counseling. - Excellent communication skills, good spoken and writing of concise reports in English. - Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure in a stressful environment, displaying patience, compassion, and diplomacy. - Ability to be innovative, flexible, adaptive, and willingness to work out of hours, sometimes throughout the night. - Ability to live in challenging conditions and ability to work under difficult, high pressure situations.
- Communication and reporting skills: Ensure all patient consultations are documented and patient records completed. - Submit reports in a timely manner.
- Fluency in English, Pashto/Dari
- Computer skills (including MS Word, Excel, Access, and internet) - Ability to work closely, professionally, and constructively with all others regardless of nationality, ethnicity, gender, religion, race, tribe, or cultural background