Medical Doctor - Afghan Nationals Only
Clinic Service delivery
- Provide direct clinical care, working closely with the other mobile team clinical staff to ensure the delivery of high quality comprehensive primary healthcare services. - Manage medical, pediatric, and obstetric emergencies presenting to the facility, ensuring appropriate handover and referral as needed - Ensure all patient consultations and treatments are appropriately recorded. - Oversee the provision of quality care within the health clinic, ensuring consultations and treatments are in line with clinical protocols, guidelines, and best practices - Provide health and hygiene promotion to patients and caregivers - Ensure appropriate infection prevention and control measures are in place at the facility and monitor staff adherence. - Ensure patient confidentiality is respected, and that all consultations are conducted in a dignified and respectful manner
Staff Supervision & Development
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions. - Provide medical support and mentorship to other health facility/mobile clinic staff, providing on-the-job training where needed. - Support the Health Manager to organize regular meetings with local committees and strengthening the community relationship.
- Responsible for the overall technical and administrative oversight of mobile clinic services - Plan and implement outreach activities with the rest of the team to access vulnerable clients to increase service utilization. - Oversee the training of community volunteers to provide health promotion, community mobilization and awareness raising. - Ensure regular inventory and consumption tracking of medical drugs and supplies. - Work with relevant staff to ensure prompt requesting of medical drugs and supplies.
Coordination and Representation
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with local communities, local government agencies and other implementing partners. - Hold meetings with local communities and represent the program in local stakeholder meetings.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Ensure all patient consultations are documented and patient records completed. - Assist and supervise medical staff in maintaining facility registers and other data collection tools, ensuring accurate and timely recording of information. - Assist and supervise medical staff in weekly/ monthly/ quarterly collection, compilation and reporting of data. - Submit reports in a timely manner.
- Ensure non-disclosure of any information whatsoever about practices and IRC activities to any other person or organization without permission, except in the normal performance of the service. - Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of the team; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for IRC programs.
Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.
- Qualified Medical Doctor, from a recognized Medical University and licensed to practice in Afghanitan by the Ministry of Health - At least 2 years clinical experience in primary health care with experience working with integrated management of childhood illness, clinical management of sexual assault survivors, STIs, and infection diseases will be an advantage. - Previous experience in management of health facilities and staff, including previous experience of supervising and mentoring other health staff. - Ability and flexibility to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with the local health representatives.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Professional skills to provide sensitive and appropriate medical care - Excellent communication skills and appropriate medical counseling - Must be a team player and be able to work under pressure in stressful environments - Familiarity with the local context: language, culture, etc. - Ability to maintain beneficiary confidentiality and respect at all times is essential. - Sensitivity and diplomacy to provide Primary health and reproductive health care
Demonstrated Managerial/Leadership Competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, good spoken and written English for concise reporting. - Able to provide positive and constructive feedback in a sensitive manner - Ability to coordinate activities with other teams - Excellent communication skills - Able to work with little supervision
- Fluency Spoken and written English
- Basic computer Literacy: Word and Excel will be an added advantage - Experience working with health information systems - Previous work with IRC is an advantage