Local Consultant - Project Coordinator (Lao nationality only)
Application deadline 1 year ago: Sunday 1 Aug 2021 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a National Consultant contract. More about National Consultant contracts.
Lao PDR has the youngest population among countries in the Southeast Asian region, with approximately 60% below 25 years of age. Meanwhile, economic growth in Lao PDR has been significant (at around 6-7%) for several years in a row. Yet, education level and training of young people are unable to keep pace with the booming demand for high-skilled labor, resulting in a gap which is inimical to the country’s economic advancement. In addition, youth often lack participation in the national development planning decision-making process due to barriers such as limited opportunities for social and economic engagement. In this regard, enhancing national policies and youth-related programmes which could provide proper socio-economic opportunities to young people to reach their potentials are much needed so that the country will greatly benefit from its large young working population. LYU is delivering a project supported by UNDP and the Russia Embassy in Lao PDR to address the above challenges by delivering three major components: (i) Support the implementation of the strategic interventions from the implementation plan of National Youth and Adolescent Policy and the improvement of youth-related provincial regulations in the selected provinces; (ii) Empower rural youth economically through inclusive and equitable quality Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET), with special focus on ethnic groups and young girls, in the selected provinces and; (iii) Enhance youth participation in socio-economic decision making. The overall aim of the project is to create an enabling environment for youth to realize their potential and to undertake important and fulfilling socio-economic roles under the framework of comprehensive national youth policy. In line with these efforts, LYU is seeking an experienced Project Assistant (PA) to support with the planning and implementation of project activities. Such support includes various logistical and administration tasks as well as monitoring and evaluation of activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Support with Project Implementation • Support with the implementation of project initiatives with Khammouance TVET center and LYU; • Conduct field visits to project sites for the provision of hands-on support and quality assurance; • Ensure professional administrative and logistics support is given to the projects; • Represent LYU at meetings, technical sessions, project events, ceremonies and functions; • Facilitate technical trainings and deliver technical presentations during events and other engagements; • Be orientated to LYU and UNDP operating policies; • Network and develop functional relationships within LYU, UNDP, Government agencies, UN agencies, donors, NGOs, and other key stake holders; • Facilitate or participate in workshops, webinars, and meetings as necessary; • Work in partnership with NDMO and UNDP for the timely submission of periodic, accurate, and professional (narrative and financial) progress reports to management and other stakeholders as required; • Support with the preparation of program documentation, assessments and studies as required.
• Knowledge on gender, youth, socio economics, protection a plus; • Function in a team environment and shares knowledge and experience; • Excellent verbal and writing skills (English preferred). • Ability to take initiative; • High degree of integrity, discretion, and personal conduct; • Flexible to changing working conditions and willing and able to travel for work purposes; • Able to prioritize and meet deadlines; • Excellent analytical thinking skills;
Required Skills and Experience
• A college degree or bachelor preferably from a reputable accredited university in business management, finance, social science, economics, development studies, and/or relevant field is required; • At least 1 year of professional experience working in the fields of administration, finance, project or office management; • Experience collaborating with government agencies, international organizations, and community leaders a plus; • Experience with basic office finance and administration work
FINAL PRODUCTS 1. Monthly timesheet - Support with the implementation of project initiatives with Khammouance TVET center and LYU 2. Implementation Plan - Monthly Monitoring progress for each activity under output 2.1 of the youth project 3. Quarter report - Result of project implementation - Next quarterly plan (activities and estimated budget) 4. Annual report 2021 - Result of project implementation - Annual monitoring result of output 2.1 of the youth project - Next annual plan (activities and estimated budget) 5. Project’s final report - Result of project implementation - Monitoring result of output 2.1 - Present summarizing key information in Power Point presentation
InstallmentsDeliverables/Payment schedule Due datesPayment
- Submission of a monthly timesheet
Submission of Implementation Plan (Monthly Monitoring)Last week of first month of contract commencement.14%Deliverable
Submission of Quarter reportWithin first week of quarter 4 year 202134%Deliverable 3Submission of the annual report 2021Within first week of December 202138%Deliverable 4Submission of the final reportWithin May 202214%Requirements for submission of proposals:
All interested and qualified National Independent Consultant should apply on-line using the following links:
UNDP Lao PDR Country Office website at https://www.la.undp.org/content/lao_pdr/en/home/jobs.html or
In order to make your submission, please read the relevant documents available on the link below
- TOR (Annex I)
- IC General Terms and Conditions _ Annex II;
- OFFEROR’S LETTER TO UNDP CONFIRMING INTEREST AND AVAILABILITY _ Annex III
- P11 Form
Documents to be included when submitting the proposals:
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
- Financial Proposal as per Annex III OFFEROR’S LETTER TO UNDP CONFIRMING INTEREST AND AVAILABILITY
(i) Explaining why you are the most suitable for the work;
(ii) Providing a brief methodology on how you will approach and conduct the work including the work schedule for the delivery of outputs/deliverable;
P11 Form Education and work experience, including past experience in similar projects and contact references of at least 3 references for whom you have rendered preferably the similar services;
Note: The financial proposal shall specify a total lump sum amount, and payment terms around specific and measurable (qualitative and quantitative) deliverables (i.e. whether payments fall in installments or upon completion of the entire contract). Please refer to the payment terms on section IX of the TOR. In order to assist the requesting unit in the comparison of financial proposals, the financial proposal shall include a breakdown of this lump sum amount (including travel, per diems, and number of anticipated working days). All envisaged travel costs must be included in the financial proposal. UNDP accept travel costs not exceeding of an economy class air ticket.
Instructions for on-line submissions:
- Step 1: Please prepare all required documents electronically;
- Step 2: Combine all documents in ONE SINGLE FILE (preferably in PDF file, however Word format can be also accepted) and upload to the UNDP Jobs using the links above at one time;
- Step 3: After that you will receive an auto reply from the UNDP jobs if your offer is received successfully.
Incomplete proposals or proposals received after the deadline will be rejected.