Local Consultant for development of the necessary instruments for the implementation of the Policy against Sexual Harassment in Public Administration Bodies (SSAs)
Application deadline 1 year ago: Tuesday 5 Jul 2022 at 00:00 UTCOpen application form
This is a Consultancy contract. More about Consultancy contracts.
The OSCE Mission in Kosovo through its Law and Justice Section (LJS) monitors justice sector for compliance with the human rights standards. It also engages in projects aimed at improving performance of the judicial and non-judicial institutions. Since the adoption of the new Law on Protection from Discrimination, and the new Criminal Code criminalising different forms of discrimination, including sexual harassment, the OSCE supported relevant institutions to perform their functions defined under these laws. In particular, the Ombudsperson Institution (OI), which is the equality body under the new Law on Protection from Discrimination and is mandated to investigate discrimination cases in private and public sector, and to submit amicus curiae briefs to courts ; also, the Office of Good Governance under the Office of the Prime Minister (OGG), which is responsible to create a database of discrimination cases and supervises the implementation of the OI’s recommendation concerning discrimination.
In 2020, the Kosovo Government adopted the Policy against Sexual Harassment in Public Administration Bodies. However, the government institutions fall short in its implementation. Therefore, the Program for Protection and Promotion of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms (2021-2025) and its Action Plan 2021-2023 prioritised implementation of the antidiscrimination legislation and the mentioned Policy in next two years. Furthermore, Kosovo Strategy on Protection against Domestic Violence and Violence against Women 2022 – 2026 prioritizes preparation of self-regulatory means (protocols, guidelines, standards) to prevent sexual and workplace harassment .
The OGG requested the Mission support in implementing the above-mentioned Government Policy at all levels. The requested support includes hiring of an expert to develop a manual on the implementation of the Government Policy against Sexual Harassment and conducting the regional workshops to present the Manual and relevant tools to the legal and human resources officers in the Ministries and municipalities.
The Mission aims at hiring a local expert with the proven knowledge and experience in the subject matter and good command of English and Albanian languages. Knowledge of Serbian language would be considered as an asset.
Objective of Assignment:
Developing tools and conducting capacity-building activities for civil society representatives and public servants, including officers for protection against discrimination, human resources and legal officers at central and local level on the effective implementation of the Government Policy against Sexual Harassment in Public Administration Bodies.
Duration of Assignment:
The consultant will be contracted for fifteen (15) working.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the LJS Project Manager and in co-ordination with the OGG, the consultant will be tasked to:
- Conduct a desk review of the Kosovo legal framework and policy on preventing and combating sexual harassment vis-à-vis regional and international human rights standards;
- Consult about the level of implementation of the relevant laws, policies and regulations with the stakeholders through interviews with Directors of Administration, MOGEs and municipal legal officers in selected regions;
- Develop a Manual on the implementation of the Government Policy against Sexual Harassment in Public Administration Bodies;
- Participate in the government level Manual launching event, and
- Deliver seven (7) one-day regional workshops for public servants and civil society representatives.
- Participation in the kick-off workshop with OGG and other institutions (by mid September 2022)
- Developing the Manual on the implementation of the Government Policy against Sexual Harassment in Public Administration Bodies (by mid-August 2022);
- Participation in the central level Manual launching event (at the end of September 2022);
- Developing a power point presentation for the information sessions (by the end of September 2022);
- Delivering seven (7) one day regional workshops about the implementations of the Government Policy against Sexual Harassment in Public Administration Bodies (by mid-November, 2022);
- Delivering end of assignment report (by 31 November 2022).
The Manual on the implementation of the Government Policy against Sexual Harassment in Public Administration Bodies should cover the following aspects:
- Overview of Kosovo legislative framework on sexual harassment.
- Overview of regional and international standards on sexual harassment.
- Provide definitions and forms of sexual harassment at the workplace under Kosovo laws, regional and international human rights standards.
- Overview of the Kosovo Government Policy against Sexual Harassment in Public Administration Bodies.
- Overview of the implementation of the mentioned government policy by the administrative bodies and their internal mechanisms, if any.
- Overview of the implementation of criminal legislation with regard to sexual harassment cases.
- Tools on how the administrative bodies should implement the Government Policy against Sexual Harassment, including internal oversight and complaint handling mechanism, Code of Conduct of public servants to prevent and combat sexual harassment at the workplace, etc.
Method of delivery: in person, unless new COVID-19 restrictions are in place. In that case the workshop, information sessions and launching event will be delivered online or postponed until in-person events are possible.
Communication with the Mission will be conducted in English throughout the consultancy period. All deliverables should be drafted and submitted to the Mission in English language in advance to provide sufficient time for clearance and translation.
The Consultant’s work will be administered through a daily attendance record sheet. The Consultant’s work will be assessed on the following basis:
- Quality and timely delivery of the Manual (by mid-August 2022).
- Quality delivery of seven (7) one-day information sessions (by mid-November 2022).
- Quality and timely delivery of the post-assignment report (by 31 November 2022).
- University degree in law, human rights, international studies, social science or any other related field;
- At least five (5) years of relevant working experience, specifically in the area of human rights;
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the field of human rights as it relates to equality, combating discrimination and promoting gender equality in local and/or international organizations, institutions or non-governmental organizations;
- Proven experience in conducting assessment of human rights policies, strategy documents and antidiscrimination legislation;
- Proven experience in developing practical manuals, guidebooks for public institutions, law professionals and/or human rights practitioners;
- Proven experience in conducting workshops and trainings for public servants, civil society organisations, lawyers, human rights activists or similar.
- Knowledge of local legal and policy framework on equality and non-discrimination would be an asset;
- Ability to link current international standards on equality and prohibition of discrimination to Kosovo-specific laws, treaties and secondary legislation, if any;
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Excellent communication skills;
Remuneration will depend on the qualifications and experience of individual experts as well as the detailed work plan to be agreed upon and will be based on the current OSCE consultancy rates.
In order to apply for this position, you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://vacancies.osce.org/. Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model. and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: [email protected]. In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more fields of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form, or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply.
- Issued by: OSCE Mission in Kosovo
- Requisition ID: LAW000022
- Contract Type: Special Service Agreement (SSA) / Consultant
- Grade: No grade
- Job Type: Consultant
- Number of posts: one
- Location: OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Prishtine / Pristina
- Issue Date: Jun 22, 2022
- Closing Date: Jul 5, 2022
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (First-level university degree or equivalent)
- Job Field: Human Rights
- Target Start Date: 15/07/2022