Junior Project Clerk
Application deadline 4 months ago: Wednesday 6 Jul 2022 at 00:00 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV National Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as National UN Volunteer. It is normally only for nationals. More about UNV National Specialist contracts.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UNDP is the leading United Nations organization fighting to end the injustice of poverty, inequality, and climate change. Working with our broad network of experts and partners in 170 countries, we help nations to build integrated, lasting solutions for people and planet. Learn more at undp.org or follow at @UNDP.
While performing its core programme, UNDP also provided wide areas of operation services to other UN agencies who works in development area where most of the services provided are closely related to administration and procurement areas. The need to have extra support occurred as providing various services requires continuous follow up actions while at the same time achieving targeted yearly delivery is also crucial for the office especially in the operation.
Looking at the situation of current workload, UNDP is seeking travel and admin support to manage various requests. The post holder is expected to be able to provide excellent support under tight deadline. UNV contract modality will be established for the accomplishment of the duties and engagement of the support staff.
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Admin Associate or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Junior Project Clerk will perform following tasks:
- Provision of effective support in the area of travel Management
- Support Travel Management Services activities including but not limited to air, land and sea travel reservation, ticketing, hotel reservations, allowance calculation, submitting the request using UNDP applicable tools in supporting the event. - Provide support and equipment, and services necessary to support meeting as defined herein. - Support travel and ticket reservation in compliance with all aspects of the UN’s travel policy as per prevailing policy and procedure
- Provision of administrative support in Government Administrative, Visa and Stay Permit Formalities
- Support in Government Administrative, Visa and Stay Permit Formalities process including preparation of letter requesting for the Government Administrative, visa and stay permit formalities - Effective follow-up status of Government Administrative, visa and stay permit formalities processes - Maintain and update database of UNDP/UN personnel and their family members’ Government Administrative, visa and stay permit formalities
- Provision of administrative support in preparation of Duty Free Certification (PP19)<VAT/ Tax exemption and Restitution process
- Prepare draft letter requesting for the duty-free certification related to importation of goods for office and project as well as staff members’ personal effects (PP19) - Follow-up status of PP19 - Monitor and handle VAT requests from One Click; and closely coordinate with requesters for required documents submission - Draft letters and have them approved by the Operations Manager - Manage outgoing letters to State Secretariat and Tax Office
- Effective support for payment process and monitoring, procurement and cost recovery admin
- Prepare Request for Payments and check its supporting documents - To support preparation of procurement submission / activities in line with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies, and strategies - Liaise with potential suppliers, and involve in solicitation and MPC process for Admin procurement for PO creation purposes - To support in monitoring Admin One Click and ensuring no delay processes occur
- The staff should avoid any kind of discriminatory behavior including gender discrimination and ensure that
- Human rights and gender equality is prioritized as an ethical principle within all actions; - activities are designed and implemented in accordance with “Social and Environmental Standards of UNDP”; - Any kind of diversities based on ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, class, gender are respected within all implementations including data production; - Differentiated needs of women and men are considered; - Inclusive approach is reflected within all actions and implementations, in that sense an enabling and accessible setup in various senses such as disability gender language barrier is created; - Necessary arrangements to provide gender parity within all committees, meetings, trainings etc. introduced
- Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing focusing on achievement of the following result:
- Participation in the trainings for the operations/ projects staff.
As an active UNDP team member, efficient, timely, responsive, client-friendly and high-quality support rendered to UNDP and its beneficiaries in the accomplishment of her/his functions, including: o Timely and effective support for travel management at the Country Office o Timely and effective administrative support in Government Administrative, Visa and Stay Permit Formalities o Effective payment process and monitoring o Effective support for procurement and cost recovery admin services provided to project and UN agencies
☒ Accountability ☒ Adaptability and Flexibility ☒ Client Orientation ☒ Commitment and Motivation ☒ Commitment to Continuous Learning ☒ Communication ☒ Creativity ☒ Self-Management ☒ Working in Teams
travel, Government of Indonesia admin protocol and formalities, and tax exemption/restitution activities • Experience in working with International Organization or Government • Experience working in dynamic working environment that has Standard Operating Procedure in Procurement Process and Contract Filing • Familiar in UNDP/UN procedures • Experience in using web-based system • Experience in managing asset would be preferable • Familiar with Travel and Expenses (T&E) Atlas Module are advantage • Some experience in- official correspondence, and coordination activities. • Ability to work independently and in a team with a positive attitude • Solid computer skills required, knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages
As this is a national UN Volunteer assignment, the UN Volunteer will be responsible for arranging his/her own housing and other living essentials.
-National UN Volunteer Specialist receives approximately IDR 8,237,403.08 as Monthly Living Allowance. -Provided with assignment travel cost and entry lumpsum if applicable. -Enrolled in health, life, disability insurance. -Applicable dependents (primary family unit, up to 3) are eligible for health insurance. -Entitled to annual leave, 2.5 days per month. -Provided with exit lumpsum to support transition at the end of assignment.
For more information about UNV Conditions of Service and Entitlements, please refer to the following: