Junior Consultancy Supply Chain - Rome, Italy (local assignment)
Application deadline 18 days ago: Sunday 3 Oct 2021 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
Junior Consultancy Supply Chain – Rome, Italy
Career opportunity for Junior candidates (locally recruited)
Are you interested in working in Supply Chain and interested in humanitarian work?
If yes, this opportunity is for you!
We are looking for candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. We select our candidates on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Currently, we are looking for junior candidates to join one of our teams in Rome, Italy.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the largest humanitarian organisation delivering food assistance to over 90 million beneficiaries in 80 countries on a yearly basis. With over 5000 trucks, 50 ships and close to 100 planes on the move every single day, WFP, together with its partners, operates a global network to deliver life-saving food assistance to the most hard-to reach places.
This year, the Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided to award the Nobel Peace Prize 2020 to the World Food Programme for its efforts to combat hunger and its contribution to bettering conditions for peace in conflict-affected areas.
The Supply chain commodity accounting and Budget management unit is responsible in managing and supporting the WFP inventory system as well as monitoring supply chain budget planning as well as fund consumption. The unit deals with eighty country offices through the six regional bureaus around the world.
To achieve integrated supply chain management, WFP has developed the Logistics Execution Support System (LESS) that integrates the supply chain, the inventory accounting and real-time tracking systems.
The position is responsible to support the business and technical support to Country Offices/Regional Bureaux/Headquarters (CO/RB/HQ) staff concerning LESS processes, in the areas of information management and technical areas of the WFP inventory system.
The position also expected to support in formulating reviewing guidelines and procedure materials related to commodity accounting and fund management areas. The other key support area is training delivery to country offices in coordination with regional bureau support areas.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
As Junior Supply Chain Consultant, you will be responsible for the following key duties:
- Receive and analyse support requests from CO/RB/HQ related to Information management of WFP inventory system.
- Monitor status of support requests and ensure proper and timely follow up.
- Support on the delivery of business and technical support to CO/RB/HQ staff post implementation of LESS.
- Support delivery of on-the-job training and/or classroom training in-house and in the field.
- Provide support to requestors in the form of “how to” feedback, user guides, procedures, and protocols.
- Propose improvements to WFP Supply Chain Master Data management processes.
- Liaise with the dedicated IT Business Analyst to correct system errors (fixes) and perform tests prior to releasing the changes to SAP production environment.
- Contribute to support’s knowledge management process and repository.
- Contribute to project team capacity building by ensuring knowledge transfer/training.
- Support on the monitoring and evaluation of the effectiveness of the support strategy by suggesting and implementing agreed upon Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Support to the development, design and implementation of Support tools, standards, and templates in line with the agreed support strategy.
- Any other task as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
You hold a University degree, preferably in Project management, Supply Chain, Logistics, information management, Business Management, or another related field
- Minimum of one (1) year of relevant professional experience working in information management, logistics and supply chain or in another related field.
- You are Fluent in oral and written English
- Intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, French, Chinese, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages) is highly desirable/mandatory
DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience in information management, digital transformation areas, project management support areas. Knowledge of Microsoft excel, and database and SAP is preferable.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP:
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Application deadline: 03 October 2021 (midnight Rome time)
Your CV must be submitted in English
Women applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply. WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate based on HIV/AIDS status. No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.