Individual National Contractor to ensure administrative and logistics support to the office (for Turkmenistan nationals only)
Application deadline 4 months ago: Friday 16 Sep 2022 at 18:55 UTCOpen application form
This is a Consultancy contract. More about Consultancy contracts.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child
In view of the current recruitment processes for two Temporary Appointments to cover the long absence of staff members in Operations section (HR Associate – promoted to IP position with the lien of the post and Admin Associate – SLWOP with the lien of the post) as well as the current L3 Emergency in the region and number of staff approved for surge deployments from the Country office, the need for an additional support for six months was identified.
The incumbent will support Operations section and the Office of the Representative as per the below scope of work.
How can you make a difference?
Summary of key functions:
Provide effective support in administrative services to the office
Provide effective support in logistical services
Provide the back up to some functions of the Executive Assistant, when and if required
- Ensure administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following:
- Support proper documentation of required processes,
- Support in compile and update of required records,
- Support in preparation of tables and graphs to be used for monitoring purposes.
- Provide effective logistical services:
- In coordination with the Operations Manager and representative to draft and compile necessary documentation such as agenda, compilation of list of participants, etc
- Make logistical arrangements for different events, including translation/interpretation services, arrangement of printing handouts materials, etc;
- Provide the back up to some functions of the Executive Assistant, as needed:
- Support quality assurance and signature of NV and Letters,
- Support proper registration of all incoming and outgoing documentation,
- Support with required translation,
- Perform other related duties as required
Provide other support, if any, as directed by Operations Manager and Representative upon request. The contract duration is 6 months, covering the period of 20 September – 20 March 2023. The contractor is expected to work full day, 5 working days a week during the specified period.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses in the area related to the field of work;
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant administrative or clerical work experience;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with visitors;
- Ability to work independently and respond to feedback in a timely and professional manner;
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, and ability to contribute to a team;
- Experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Fluency in English and strong writing skills in English. Knowledge of Russian and/or Turkmen is an advantage.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF offers reasonable accommodation for consultants/individual contractors with disabilities. This may include, for example, accessible software, travel assistance for missions or personal attendants. We encourage you to disclose your disability during your application in case you need reasonable accommodation during the selection process and afterwards in your assignment.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Please see ToR for additional details: 30-08-2022 TOR Admin Support FINAL for adv.pdf
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.