Individual Consultant-Training and Capacity Building Coordinator - District Level
Application deadline in 1 day: Thursday 24 Sep 2020
This is a National Consultant contract. More about National Consultant contracts.
The UNDP India Country Programme Action Plan (CPAP) for the period 2013-17, signed with the Government of India enables UNDP to provide Development Support Services to the country. The aim of the Development Support Services is to help government improve the administrative efficiency and effectiveness of government programmes and schemes both at the national and state level. The signed CPAP, states that UNDP will provide demand-based development support services, including procurement support services, with requisite professional skills, personnel and technical resources with a view to supporting administrative efficiency and developing capacities of government agencies.
The Revenue Department (DM), State Government of Himachal Pradesh responsible to undertake various actions as per the legal-institutional framework of the National Disaster Management Act 2005, has formally requested UNDP support to strengthen SDMA (State Disaster Management Authority) and all 12 DDMAs (District Disaster Management Authorities) out of funds available with it under the 14th Finance Commission Grant by providing demand-based human resource at the state and district levels to facilitate implementation of training & capacity building activities in the State. In this context, UNDP is looking for individuals for the position of Training and Capacity Building Coordinator to provide support to the Government of HP in the state.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Training and Capacity Building Coordinator will be based at DDMA, in the District Headquarter and under the overall supervision of the Deputy Commissioner, he/she would carry out the following tasks:
- Act as the disaster management focal point in the district for training & capacity building;
- Assist the DDMA/district administration in day-to-day coordination required for smooth implementation of various DRR activities in the district;
- Organize consultations with stakeholders on various disaster management activities;
- Support in managing budget, work planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of DRR activities;
- Assist in drafting technical notes, letters, reports and other materials required by the DDMA/district administration;
- Work out training requirements-both fresh and refresher at the district level for various functionaries of line departments and agencies;
- Coordinate and organize training courses and workshops for various functionaries of line departments and other stakeholders/ agencies at district level;
- Prepare Agenda, Schedule, Background Paper, briefs, fact sheets and training materials;
- Assist in developing IEC materials;
- Provide support in carrying out mass awareness programmes on disaster management;
- Assist in conducting on-site, off-site and other mock drills and simulation exercises;
- Help maintain a database of trainers, trainees and other resource persons in the district;
- Prepare training and workshop reports;
- Coordinate and develop training section on website, to allow easy access to information, materials and guidance on disaster risk reduction;
Perform any other tasks related to training, capacity building, planning and implementation of disaster management activities;
Knowledge Management and Learning:
- Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the District;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in the area of disaster management;
- Acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
- Ability to apply conceptual models in training & capacity building for DRR;
- Good knowledge of disaster risk reduction; ? Strong training skills.
Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability; ? Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards.
Required Skills and Experience
- Essential: University Degree in any of the disciplines under Social Sciences, Management or relevant discipline;
- Desirable: Post Graduate degree/diploma in Disaster Management and/or relevant fields. Experience:
- Essential: A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the development sector having relevance to disaster management;
- Desirable: Work experience in government or civil society organization specifically in managing training programmes;
- Experience of working in the field of Disaster Management.
Language: Fluency of Hindi & English language is required.
Duration of the Work: The contract will be awarded for Six Month initially. Working days will be as per the State Government policy.
Travel: Extensive travel within the state and districts would be required.
Schedule of Payments:
- Consolidated Annual Consultancy Fee (Remuneration) of Rs.4,20,000/- payable in equal monthly instalments, upon submission of monthly progress report certified by the reporting officer.
- Contract will be administered by UNDP on behalf of the State Government of Himachal Pradesh;
- All the logistic support related official travel will be borne by the Government of Himachal Pradesh as per their prevailing rules;
- Consultant will be entitled for 2 days leave per month (non-encashable).
- Personal CV, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references.
Evaluation Method and Criteria:
Preliminary shortlisting would be done based on the following criteria:
- Educational Qualification 30% Marks;
- Relevant Experience 50% Marks;
- Suitability for the assignment 20% Marks.
The shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a written test over email. Only those candidates who score 50% and above in the written test will be eligible to appear for the interview. Interviews will be based around the competencies (skills) required as per the ToR and would be either conducted face to face in Shimla / New Delhi or by telephone / over skype. If face to face interviews are conducted, travel costs will be borne by the shortlisted Consultants. The contract shall be awarded on a merit basis. For any clarifications, please write to email@example.com