ICLA Technical Officer Ukraine
Application deadline 5 months ago: Monday 18 Apr 2022 at 08:57 UTCOpen application form
This is a Professional contract, Grade 6 (NRC) contract. More about Professional contract, Grade 6 (NRC) contracts.
Role and responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines, standards and donor requirements
- Ensure compliance with ICLA strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards
- ICLA specific technical responsibility for the implementation, quality control, monitoring, project documentation and tracking of financial expenditures for technical activities of ICLA projects
- Provide specific technical support and capacity building towards project staff
- Provide specific technical analysis and feedback to NRC representatives in coordination forums
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and assess new and better ways to assist
- Contribute to specific protection risks and needs analysis
- Contribute to designing of protection response to identified risks and needs.
- organize and carry out information sessions, counselling (group or individual), deliver high-quality legal assistance and make referrals to relevant actors in Railway and Bus stations, humanitarian hubs, border crossing points and during field visits on Legal Identity, HLP, IDP Registration, Access to Essential Services to the IDPs, conflict-affected communities, and other persons of concern to the NRC ICLA
- provide outlined ICLA services through remote modalities, such as phone, hotline, Viber, Skype, email, etc.
- participate in the assessment of needs or feasibility of different categories of beneficiaries, analyse ongoing trends in service delivery, propose modalities and activities for interventions;
- entry data from intake forms and filing all the documents related to ICLA activities (ICLA client files etc.)
- ensure that documents produced in the course of operation are being collected, stored and processed according to NRC Ukraine procedures and GDPR;
- prepare (including budgetary requirements), organize and facilitate capacity building activities;
- provide inputs to analytical and advocacy documents (briefing notes, case studies, comparative analysis, breakdowns on legislation and draft laws etc.);
- draft reports, informational, training, educational and awareness-raising materials;
- cooperate with Partners, local NGOs, authorities and other key stakeholders vis-à-vis transferring the ICLA-collected experience and facilitating transition of caseload to local capacities;
- cooperate and communicate with local authorities and state agencies the West of Ukraine in respect of the NRC’s activities;
- assist with administrative/logistics/finance tasks and provide research support to ICLA
- perform any other tasks as requested by ICLA PC/PM
1. Professional competencies
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Experience from working on the similar positions in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
Context related skills, knowledge and experience (shall be adapted to the specific position):
- Good knowledge of the context in Ukraine
- Fluency in the Ukrainian and Russian languages
- Good knowledge of English is an advantage
- Higher level legal education
- Experience of working as a lawyer in civil and administrative law on real estate, construction and land law issues
- Experience of working in the field with displaced and/or vulnerable groups and communities
- Knowledge of the software programs (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
2. Behavioral competencies
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Coping with change
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Type of contract: national employment contract, 3 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC salary scale, terms and conditions.
- Duty station: Ternopil, Ukraine.
This position is for Ukrainian nationals only.