ICLA Officer Sudan Darfur
Application deadline 1 month ago: Wednesday 3 Aug 2022 at 13:47 UTCOpen application form
This is a Professional contract, Grade 5 (NRC) contract. More about Professional contract, Grade 5 (NRC) contracts.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation - Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan, Gadarif and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring an ICLA Officer to be part of establishing NRC's programme in Sudan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with ICLA strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards
- Technical responsibility for implementation of ICLA activities
- Technical responsibility for tracking of financial expenditures for ICLA project(s)
- Responsible for quality control and monitoring of ICLA project activities
- Responsible for project documentation of technical activities of ICLA project(s)
- Provide specific technical support and capacity building towards project staff
- Ensure relevant data collection and produce reports and analysis as required
- Provide specific technical analysis and feedback to NRC representatives in coordination forums
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Undertake and support ICLA needs assessments and scoping studies to be conducted in different States to develop the ICLA programme in Sudan.
- Management and Implementation of ICLA information, counselling and legal assistance services for beneficiaries.
- Ensure proper budget monitoring and efficient utilization of funds.
- Implement and develop M&E activities and ensure timely reporting of relevant activities in line with NRC guidelines.
- Act as primary point of contact for legal partners/legal aid providers supporting ICLA in the provision of assistance. Ensure that partner services are provided in line with NRC standards and procedures.
- Support ICLA staff to carry out regular outreach including, where appropriate, home visits to particularly vulnerable clients that would be otherwise unable to access the office or legal centres.
- Ensure that appropriate internal and external referral pathways are utilized.
- Represent NRC at relevant working group and other coordination forums.
- Conduct awareness raising, capacity building and training activities for communities, government officials and NGOs on ICLA thematic areas.
- Provide technical guidance to Project Assistant(s) when needed.
- Conduct regular analysis of the displacement situation and support relevant research to develop ICLA’s programme in Sudan. Assist in strategic review and identification of other relevant ICLA activities.
- Contribute to the development of NRC’s Country strategy, action plan and activities plan and priorities in the ICLA sector.
- Perform any other relevant tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Experience from working as a Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge of English. Knowledge of Arabic is an asset
- University degree in law will be considered a very strong asset; alternatively a degree in social science, political science, or a related subject will be considered if the candidate has a sufficiently strong background in protection related work
- Minimum 2 years humanitarian experience with refugees/internally displaced persons (IDPs) at field level with an NGO or other international organization.
- Knowledge of international humanitarian law, human rights law and national law applicable to IDP’s
- Knowledge of SPHERE standards and durable solutions
We can Offer
- Duty Station: Alfasher, Sudan
- Salary/Benefits: NRC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
- NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and employees to check they have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
- Travel: 90% to IDP camps and Communities
- Females are highly encouraged to apply
- To apply please visit https://www.nrc.no/careers/