Application deadline 3 months ago: Saturday 6 Aug 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a DRC - National contract. More about DRC - National contracts.
The overall purpose of the role: To provide Human Resources administrative assistance and support in compliance with DRC's and local guidelines and procedures and Support ad hoc Administration department.
General Human Resources
- Advises and assists management and employees in Human Resources related issues and concerns
- Reviews Human Resources processes and suggests improvements
- Implements DRC’s Human Resources systems and procedures for DRC in Iraq as per the Operations Handbook, ensuring adherence to policies, guidelines and donor requirements and local labor
- Provides HR support to base/area offices as needed
- Supports on other tasks when required and any other related tasks assigned by the line manager
Compensations & Benefits
- Manages, updates, and processes the staff payrolls in close collaboration with the other departments, and ensures onward submission to the finance department
- Ensures that all relevant deductions are affected on a monthly basis
- Prepares and submits required reports on a monthly basis for auditing purposes
- Ensures that records of all Human Resources related information are kept and sent on a timely basis to relevant parties
- Preparing Dynamics Payroll in collaboration with Finance department to ensure that payrolls are reconciled monthly
- Assists in inducting training on Code of Conduct, Confidentiality, Conflict of Interest, etc. as needed
- Arranges timely induction and orientation sessions and code of Conduct Training for all new national staff according to DRC standards
HR Information System/ Employment Documentation
- Ensures all staff information is entered in DRC Dynamics HR and updated on a timely basis.
- Prepares staff contract and ensures any required documentation for extension of the contract, end of the contract, exit/ clearance are in place
- Supports in compiling recruitment documents, posting recruitment advertisements, orientation/induction processes, learning and development, performance management, maintenance of staffing tables and organizational charts, and processing of contracts
- Registers all records of HR-related information in the Country Office (HR database, leave, and documents for personnel files, including interview records) are sent on a timely basis by Managers and staff
- Maintains personnel files in the Country Office, confidential central records of the Field Office processes including grievances and complaints, and coordinate their resolution according to DRC’s CoC Reporting Mechanism.
- Preparing personal income tax for KRI per quarter, making sure all the data has been entered correctly.
- Prepare federal Iraq monthly tax calculations based on payroll and involve in the payment process if needed.
- Support in preparing documentation for audit purposes
- Assists in people planning activities (e.g. ensure job descriptions are in place for all roles)
- Provides guidance to hiring managers on job reviews and development of post descriptions
- Ensures that the performance appraisal process is conducted and that there are learning and development opportunities available to the employee
- Assists Country Human Resources Manager in launching and organizing annual Performance Appraisals and collates development plan
- Assists or drives recruitment processes for employments bands I, J and K as needed
- Validates job offers for successful candidates, reviews and recommends a level of remuneration for new hires, coordinates the placement of volunteers in coordination with the programme team, and administers their related issues
- Assists or drives people's well-being initiatives
- Responsible for updating health insurance additions/deletions and monthly invoices.
- Provides administrative support in the staff care sessions as needed
- Support Administration department on Visa and Residency trackers and provide support for travel and hotel accommodation for DRC staff.
- Support on collecting employees’ signatures when required
- Support on updating staff contact list
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in Human Resources management, administration, change management, and/or organizational development
- Technical skills in managing compensation and benefits.
- (I)NGO experience is preferred
- Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience using an online system for recruitment
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in local language
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or relevant field
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, databases)
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in Arabic
- Fluency in Kurdish
- Support Services Managers
- Country Human Resources and Administration Team
- Supply Chain Team
- Safety Team
- Liaison Consultant
- Country Office Support Services team
Diversity & Inclusion
DRC Iraq is committed to promoting an inclusive work environment according to our Age, Gender, and Diversity approach (AGD). We aim to have a more diversified leadership structure creating opportunities for qualified women to take on managerial roles. We also continuously work to make our workplace more accessible for persons with specific needs. We offer benefits related to psychosocial support, health insurance, maternity and paternity leave, child sick leave, and lactation breaks. As part of our commitment to promote equity, diversity, and inclusion, we strongly encourage applications from female candidates, persons living with disabilities, as well as representatives of minorities.