Health Services Caseworker
The Health Services Caseworker will be responsible for coordinating medical and behavioral health services to clients across different programs. The Health Services Caseworker will be working closely with the IRC caseworkers, Banner University Medical Center, and other medical providers to coordinate all medical services for new arrivals. Under the direction of the Health Program Manager and Supervisor, the Health Services Caseworker is responsible for developing partnerships with community organizations and ensuring access to quality, culturally and linguistically appropriate physical and mental health services and health education for IRC clients. The Health Services Casework will provide health literacy training to clients to increase self-sufficiency and ability to advocate for equitable medical services. This position reports to the Health Program Manager.
· Coordinate delivery of initial health screening for all newly arrived refugees and Asylees
· Coordinate delivery of medical case management services for clients enrolled in R&P, MG, RSS, and other programs with medical and other service providers within Tucson Community
· Outreach to local medical providers to enhance the health care options and provision of refugee and asylee clients.
· Coordinate with the Health team to arrange medical appointments for new arrivals needing immediate medical assistance.
· Coordinate with the health team and other program Supervisors to provide client-centered services.
· Provide transportation or coordinate transportation for clients to appointments.
· Provide specialized assistance and advocacy for clients needing assistance in accessing health care coverage which may not be within Medicaid.
· Ensure appropriate documentation, records, and tracking tools for program case files and reporting. Create tools as necessary for staff and conduct regular case file audits.
· Participate in monitoring and evaluation of programs within the Resettlement Casework Department.
· Monitor ongoing progress of outcomes for clients with caseworkers assigned, randomly meeting with clients monthly to review their cases
· Provide case coordination and conduct staffing for intensive cases and clients with significant vulnerabilities
· Provide health literacy and health education sessions with clients
· Provide recommendations for program and service improvements
· Comply with all IRC policies, procedures and protocols including adherence to the IRC Way and Child Safeguarding.
· Other duties as assigned
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: Health Program Supervisor – Health Services
Position Directly Supervises: interns and volunteers
Other Internal and/or External Contacts
Internal: IRC Tucson Staff, HQ Resettlement Team
External: Community and Stakeholder partners, religious and faith-based communities, DES, law enforcement, schools, Banner University Medical Center, Pima County Health Department, Arizona State Refugee Health Coordinator, and other medical providers.
· Undergraduate degree in public health, social work or related field or equivalent work experience.
· Two+ years of professional work experience preferred; preferably in a non-profit or social services environment.
· One year direct casework experience preferred.
· Fluency in written and spoken English.
· Fluency in another language, preferred.
· Must possess or be eligible to receive a fingerprint clearance card.
· Ability to prepare accurate and timely reports.
· Ability to document client interactions and services provided and maintain updated and accurate case files.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; Database experience strongly preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to work as a team member in a multi-cultural environment.
· Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle with current insurance, and the ability to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area (home visits, agency visits, service provider visits etc).
· A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
· May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
Benefits: We offer our employees phenomenal benefits such as paid parental leave, generous time off, and excellent medical, dental, and vision options.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement****: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity****: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer****: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. #LI_GR1