Head of Supply Chain (Roster)
Application deadline 5 months ago: Friday 2 Sep 2022 at 19:59 UTCOpen application form
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
Job Title: Head of Supply Chain (Roster)
Grade: Consultant II
Type of contract: Regular Consultancy
Duration: 3 months to 11 months (with possibility of extension)
Duty Station: Country-based for Asia and Pacific
Vacancy Number: 171445
Date of Publication: 19 August 2022
Deadline of Application: 2 September 2022
WFP is seeking qualified candidates to lead the implementation of Supply Chain strategies in the country offices in the region. The consultant will work in the Country Offices in the region, reporting directly to the CO Management.
- Align service and country strategy, policies and programmes to the global supply chain strategy and the WFP Strategic Plan, to achieve operational cost efficiency, agility, reliability, quality and to support national capacity strengthening.
- Analyze country context and lead the design and management of end-to-end operational supply chain and retail networks, to proactively mitigate and/or address dynamic supply chain challenges and obtain operational optimization.
- Design, plan and manage implementation of innovative supply chain operations, initiatives, and large-scale services to ensure timely, cost-effective and integrated approach with core activities and services and in close cooperation with key supply chain stakeholders.
Lead supply chain planning and oversee and coordinate periodic planning across functions and with partners to develop consensus on supply chain operational plans. Coordinate implementation of agreed plans in close cooperation with key supply chain stakeholders.
Foster productive partnerships with key stakeholders amongst government and other national organizations, UN agencies, NGOs, and private sector to share knowledge and resources and build capacity, resulting in coordinated and cost-effective supply chain operations.
- Lead market analysis and supply chain network mapping to inform the selection of appropriate operation modalities to improve supply chain performance.
- Manage accurate and timely reporting including provision of substantial analysis of supply chain activities and trends to enable informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Contribute to preparedness and emergency response, providing technical recommendations and guidance and monitoring the management of specific supply chain risks to enable WFP, government and other partners to quickly respond and deploy food and resources at the onset of the crisis.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Master’s degree preferably in Supply Chain Management, Project Management, Economics, Business Administration, Legal, Logistics, Engineering or other related field, or Bachelor’s degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
A minimum of 6 years of relevant professional experience in:
- managing an area of (or related to) supply chain operations including coordination with internal and external stakeholders and implementing operational supply chain strategies in a country.
- managing relationships and national capacity building initiatives with UN agencies, NGOs, private sector and/or government organizations.
- identifying supply chain operational risks and maintaining documentation on emergency preparedness.
- implementing approved corrective actions to improve performance and monitoring progress.
- working in a related field in the private sector and supervising staff.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills in Supply Chain.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills and understanding of Supply Chain principles and their application to respond to and resolve a range of complex queries.
- Can do attitude, problem solver and knows how to navigate in large matrix organizations.
- Strong service-mindset orientation.
- Proficiency in both oral and written communication skills in English and additional local language a plus.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.