Finance Team Leader
Application deadline in 30 days: Sunday 31 Dec 2023 at 22:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a DRC - National contract. More about DRC - National contracts.
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a leading protection agency with a mandate to protect, advocate and promote durable solutions for displacement affected populations.
DRC has been operating in Ukraine since 2014, currently DRC employs over 800 staff in Ukraine and will continue significant scale-up in 2023 to implement emergency response in the Protection, Livelihoods, Shelter/NFIs and Humanitarian Disarmament and Peacebuilding (humanitarian mine action) sectors, using direct interventions, support to duty bearers and civil society organizations (CSOs), and partnerships with CSOs. DRC will continue and adapt its durable solutions portfolio to the evolving context.
DRC is currently looking for Finance Team Leader for its activities in Sumy. This position will report to the Sumy DRC Base Manager.
Overall purpose of the role:
Under the management of Sumy DRC Base Manager, the Finance and Administration Team Leader will manage the day-to-day finance unit for DRC Sumy Base office. The Finance TL will lead and line manage team of junior finance staff, allocating duties to ensure day-to-day tasks are accomplished on efficient and timely manner.
- Lead and manage the finance team;
- Supervision of the daily activity, regular planning and proper distribution of workload among subordinates;
- Responsible for people planning, performance, well-being and development.
Finance and Accounting:
- Budget monitoring and forecasting – review budget spending and consolidate information required to prepare forecast;
- Ensure support cost are allocated (fuel, salaries, rent etc.) based on accountable cost drives backed with relevant supporting documents;
- Review documents and ensure costs are coded to correct budget codes and ensure costs will be incurred in line with budget available;
- Ensure accounting entries are made in line with DRC internal guidelines and Ukrainian legislation accurately and timely by reviewing and approving journals before their postings;
- Ensure month end accounting is carried out including cash counts and bank reconciliation are on a timely manner;
- Validate Purchase Requisitions (PR) and Request for Payments (RfP);
- Assist with audit in each project;
- Actively take part in harmonization of operational work between Area and Base offices: sharing with ideas, creating tools, updating guidance etc;
- Providing other finance support in Base Office and prepare reports at the request of the manager.
Required experience and competencies:
- Previous experience in Finance, not less than 5 years
- Experience of work in INGO is preferable
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Speech and communication skills
- Advanced organizational skills
- Accuracy in paper work
- Competence to keep negotiations
- Finance literacy
- Upper-Intermediate or Advanced English (speaking/reading/writing)
- Proficiency in written and spoken Ukrainian and Russian languages
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Required education: University degree in the related field or equivalent (Finance, Accounting, Personnel Management)
We offer: Contract length: 3-month probation period with possible extension Level: G Designation of Duty Station: Sumy Start date: As soon as possible.
The application is open for Ukrainian citizens or those with the existing right to work in Ukraine. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for national staff.
Application process: All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages in English).
Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 31.12.2023.