External Advert: Private Sector Fundraising Assistant, GS-5, Jakarta, Indonesia, for Indonesians only
Application deadline 8 months ago: Sunday 16 Jan 2022 at 16:55 UTCOpen application form
This is a G-5 contract. This kind of contract is known as General Service and related categories. It is normally only for nationals. It usually requires 5 years of experience, depending on education.
The salary for this job should be more than 1,116 USD.
Salary for a G-5 contract in JakartaThe salary of a G-5 depends on the duty station. The minimum salary there is 16,960,833 IDR (~1,116 USD)
Please keep in mind that the salary displayed here is an estimation by UN Talent based on the location and the type of contract. It may vary depending on the organization. The recruiter should be able to inform you about the exact salary range. In case the job description contains another salary information, please refer to this one.More about G-5 contracts.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, result
UNICEF’s work in Indonesia is entirely funded by voluntary contributions. This includes donations from businesses and foundations within Indonesia, for which the UNICEF Indonesia Partnerships Team is now recruiting a talented team assistant.
How can you make a difference?
The role consists of both support work for the Account Managers as well as independent assignments taking over specific fundraising initiatives, and links with our non-financial work with the private sector on business practice and children’s rights.
Key Functions and Accountabilities:
1. Pitch preparation support: Help prepare relevant donor meetings through preparing presentations, proposals, correspondence, drafting agendas, managing attendance, etc.
2. Donor Intelligence: Support fundraising efforts through desk research, network mapping, CRM research, Due Diligence, etc.
3. Account Management support: Assist Account Managers on a day-to-day basis, ready to take over the management of accounts in absence of or as assigned by Account Management Officer
4. Independent assignments: Manage specific fundraising initiatives independently and reliably, including smaller accounts
5. Administrative support: Make sure team members update the status report, prepare correspondence and documents, facilitate internal communication, coordinate processes in SAP, Office and other relevant software platforms, assist in contracting
6. Finance and accounting: Assist in financial processes like budget, reporting, payment, processing, etc.
Please refer to the Job Profile attached for detail breakdowns of the above key functions.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education, ideally enriched by relevant technical qualifications - Five (5) years of experience in project management, coordination, and support functions, ideally in marketing/sales or fundraising - Standard PC application skills and financial literacy are required - Ability to work independently, set priorities and meet deadlines. Ability to organize meetings and events. Ability to work accurately under time constraints - Experience and knowledge of the UN / UNICEF context is an asset - Good knowledge on data management, records filing and maintenance - Attention to detail - Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are:
-Builds and Maintains Partnerships
-Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
-Drive to achieve results for impact
-Innovates and embraces change
-Manages ambiguity and complexity
-Thinks and acts strategically
-Works collaboratively with others
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
This position is not considered an elevated risk role. However, UNICEF reserves the right to conduct further vetting/ assessment within the scope of child safeguarding as appropriate
Remarks: The screening of your application will be conducted based on the information in your profile. Before applying, we strongly suggest that you review your profile to ensure accuracy and completeness. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process. For information on compensation and benefits provided by UNICEF, please see the following link: https://www.unicef.org/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing This vacancy is open for Indonesians only.