Driver, GS-2, Bata, Equatorial Guinea
Application deadline 7 months ago: Friday 12 Aug 2022 at 22:55 UTCOpen application form
This is a G-2 contract. This kind of contract is known as General Service and related categories. It is normally only for nationals. It usually requires 2 years of experience, depending on education. More about G-2 contracts.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child safety.
Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision of the Chief of Operations or Operations/Administrative Manager/Assistant, the Driver, at the G-2 level, provides reliable and safe driving services, ensuring the highest standards of professionalism, discretion, integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol whilst ensuring compliance with local driving rules and regulations.
The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Key Expected Results
- Drives office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel; delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items.
- Meets official personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs formalities, as required
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc., performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs. Ensures that the vehicle is kept clean.
- Collect and delivers mail or documents when required, performs all the errands for the Programme Unit in Bata
- Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
- Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken, in case of involvement in an accident.
- Performs other duties, as required.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Primary education; driver’s license; knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffers courtesies, skills in minor vehicle repair. Initiative and discretion.
- Two year’s work experience as a driver; safe driving record.
- Good knowledge of the Spanish, knowledge of other UN language and local
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- All UNICEF Core values
- Builds and maintain partnerships
- Works collaboratively with others
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
- Drives to achieve results for impacts
- Innovates and embraces changes
- Manage ambiguity and complexity
- Thinks and acts strategically
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.