DRC General Secretariat Student Assistant
Application deadline 3 days ago: Friday 3 Feb 2023 at 22:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a DRC - National contract. More about DRC - National contracts.
Do you want to experience what it is like to work for Denmark’s largest humanitarian NGO? And do you want to support the Secretary General and team? Then apply for our DRC General Secretariat student position starting end February 2023.
Who are we?
The Secretary General’s office is a small team, supporting the Secretary General and overall governance of DRC. It supports the meetings of the Executive Management Team, the Executive Committee and the Council of DRC. It coordinates closely with departments across DRC on strategic projects.
****About the student assistant position****
The student assistant will become part of the Secretary General’s office and will assist the Secretary General and colleagues in various administrative tasks, including occasional support on internal communication.
****The tasks will include, but are not limited to:****
- Bookkeeping, travel accounts and other ad hoc administrative tasks.
- Collect signatures from Chairperson, Executive Committee and Secretary General.
- Assisting with updating intranet and other internal communication tasks to leaders and staff globally.
****As a student assistant in the Secretary General’s office, we offer you the opportunity to:****
Gain experience working in an internationally recognized humanitarian NGO.
Work independently and with a lot of responsibility.
- Be part of a small enthusiastic and dynamic team.
- Support financial tasks and gain technical skills by working with the DRC ERP system ‘Microsoft Dynamics’ to process expenses, as well as archiving.
- Gain experience in working with internal communication primarily via the DRC intranet (Microsoft SharePoint)
Your field of study is not paramount, but it will most likely be within communication, social sciences and/or international affairs. To apply for the student assistant position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Confirm that you have the required permits to work and live in Denmark.
- Be enrolled at a university during the period of your employment in DRC.
- Be fluent in spoken and written English and preferably Danish.
- Have the ability to navigate in a challenging environment and handle a wide range of complex tasks.
****As a student assistant in the General Secretariat, we expect you to:****
- Commit to the values and Code of Conduct of the Danish Refugee Council.
- Be able to work independently and proactive and handle challenges in a constructive and positive way.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Have an interest in and flair for communication and administrative tasks incl. financial management.
- Be open-minded and flexible towards the different tasks assigned to you.
Contract length: This is a permanent position (though subject to being enrolled in a university), and we are therefore looking for a student assistant who will not finalize their studies before Summer 2024.
Working hours: 15-20 hours per week. The working hours should preferably be split on 3 working days per week and within normal office hours from 8:00 to 17:00.
Workplace: As a student assistant, you will be working at the Danish Refugee Council’s headquarters in Copenhagen. You will be coordinating your work closely with the colleagues of the Secretary General’s office.
Start date: End February or soonest possible.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the agreement between DRC and HK.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV in English. Apply online on our page Current Vacancies at www.drc.ngo.
Closing date for applications: February 3, 2023. We expect to conduct interviews during week 6 (6-10 February 2023).
Due to the urgency of filling the role, we may conduct interviews on a running basis, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
For questions regarding the vacancy please contact Corporate Strategic Advisor Vibeke Bach Madsen, 30611292, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.