Digital Inclusion Specialist
Job Overview: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, offices across NorCal moved to 100% remote services as of March 13. This was a fast move and facilitated by pivoting programming first telephonically and then by various online platforms to offer virtual face-to-face interactions and group sessions. This change has expanded geographic service areas, the reduced transportation barriers, but also has highlighted the tremendous digital divide. There is an urgent economic necessity for our clients, to become digitally adept. With the assistance of the Digital Inclusion Specialist beneficiaries will gain digital literacy skills such as learning how to apply for benefits, complete employment applications online, and participate in Telehealth visits with medical providers. Families with tech tools and knowledge will be more resilient and better prepared to cope and survive in this challenging time. If you are a tech-savvy individual with the ability to respond to fast-evolving needs and support our offices and clients with using effective technology to ensure program continuity and client outcomes, we'd love to hear from you!
Major Responsibilities: ------------------------
- Create and lead digital training and literacy programming as the pathway to wellbeing and self-sufficiency for newly arrived refugees in San Jose at least twice weekly - Identify or create an initial client digital literacy skills assessment and administer to class participants - Monitor class participation, maintain attendance records, collaborate with direct service staff associated with participating clients and keep track of outcomes - Research digital platforms and design an implementation plan to expand programs and advance remote service delivery - Ensure 40 Digital Inclusion adoptions per year. - Develop standard operating procedures for digital programming - Consult with program staff to incorporate standard methodologies and draft modifications to existing curriculum for the delivery of high-quality online services and widen clients’ access to digital devices and free/affordable internet connectivity - Create a series of foundational and advanced trainings for IRC staff and volunteers to maximize use of Zoom, DocuSign, Microsoft TEAMS and Forms, Box as well as new learning management platforms - Train key staff on how to digitize paper forms required for program compliance. Advise on best methods to integrate into workflows, considering authorizations and access levels. - Act as a liaison with IT Department at IRC HQ to facilitate support and ensure follow through - Participate in IRC Communities of Practice, staff meetings, and other networking/learning opportunities in the network - Perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree and/or other formal training in adult education, curriculum development or other related field, strongly preferred.
· 1+ years’ relevant work experience providing digital training to adult including experience with cross cultural communication and training/teaching non-native speakers of English.
· Experience with developing digital literacy trainings, required
· Extensive knowledge of Zoom, DocuSign, Microsoft TEAMS and Forms, Outlook and Box, required
· Project management and implementation experience preferred; ability to lead change and work across programs and personnel with competing priorities
· Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment
· Experience working with adult English language learners from a variety of cultural and linguistic groups; prior experience with refugee populations desired
· Experience designing curriculum, effective workflows, and digital service delivery, required
· Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in English
· Strong command of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel
· Knowledge of a refugee language (Farsi, Dari, Tigrigna, or Spanish) highly desirable.
Work Environment: -----------------
- Standard office/hybrid
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement****: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity****: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer****: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.