Development worker (m/f/d) Modernization of civil regiztration Cameroon
Application deadline 7 months ago: Sunday 30 Jan 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a Volunteer contract. More about Volunteer contracts.
The support programme for the modernisation of civil registration (PAMEC) is a German-Cameroon programme active since 2018 .The project supports the modernization of Cameroon's civil registry system in 16 municipalities and at national level. It supports digitalization, better cooperation between different structures and levels, awareness-raising among the population, change management and human capacity development. Partners are municipalities in three regions of Cameroon and national officials in charge of the civil registry in the Ministry of Decentralization. In this context, GIZ-PAMEC would like to strengthen its cooperation with especially the BUNEC regional offices, as one of the main stakeholders of the collaboration between the national level, BUNEC, and the local level, the municipalities. BUNEC is the in 2017 created governmental structure responsible for the implementation of the rehabilitation of the CRVS system in Cameroon.
- Supporting the municipalities and civil registration centers
- Organisational development of communication, planning & monitoring, strategies, knowledge management etc.
- Human Capacity Development at of the responsible government agency and through the pool of trainers of this agency to other stakeholders
- Support the agency in mayor digitalisation efforts
- Create synergies with other GIZ programmes and other donors
- Organise multiparty exchange platforms, with the health sector, civil society, justice sector, traditional leaders etc.
- Human Capacity Development of local Civil registration and vital statistics staff
- Awareness-raising & communication towards the population and specifically disadvantaged groups as well as improve the accessibility of the system on municipal level
- University degree or technical background in political sciences or public administration
- First experience in local governance, decentralization and planning
- Experience in advocacy, participatory processes and local governance issues
- Good understanding of decentralization issues and local administration
- Previous experience in (central or west) Africa is an asset
- Previous experience with digitalization projects is an asset
- Good German, English and French skills
We are pleased to offer you a first impression on topics such as climate, shopping and services, the school situation and health care in Cameroon.
The security situation requires heightened vigilance. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. The working environment is subject to special restrictions on the freedom of movement. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
At the site of operation, the particulate pollution occurs to be many time higher than the European acceptable limit. As part of the selection process and during the recruitment examination you will be informed of appropriate protective and behavioral measures.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Willingness to travel on a regular basis is required.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued - regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Recruitment and Follow-on assignments Client Portal +49 6196/79-3200 [email protected]