Data Analyst and Researcher Assistant
Application deadline 2 years ago: Monday 31 Aug 2020 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV National Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as National UN Volunteer. It is normally only for nationals. More about UNV National Specialist contracts.
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
This assignment is aimed to support the UNCT in Kuwait to help develop a data repository, produce high-quality research and data analysis for the Common Country Assessment Report for Kuwait and support the SDG stocktaking monitoring and reporting process in preparation of the Voluntary National Review. The specific tasks include:
- Prepare a workplan and proposal for the methodology of data analysis;
- Compile Kuwait most relevant data from national and international sources;
- Coordinate with relevant national institutions, public authorities and United Nations Agencies for the sharing of data resources necessary for monitoring and policy analysis;
- Collaborate with the government counterparts with the identification, analysis and prioritization of data collection and analysis for monitoring the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development;
- Revise data collected by agencies to support the elaboration of the common country analysis;
- Extract data from records collected by partners and present them in various formats;
- Create of a UNCT data portal, including dashboards, and data visualizations including georeferenced data analysis;
- Analyze data trends, through identification of baselines, trends, and data comparison;
- Provide technical support on the development of thematic analysis based on the collected data;
- Assist in the preparation of SDG factsheets, policy briefs and background notes with the data analysis and data visualizations;
- Identify key messages and narratives that derive from data analysis;
- Support by researching best practices, and extracting lessons learnt from the priority areas of Kuwait vision and the UNSCF;
- Support the elaboration of SDG stocktaking for Kuwait Vision 2035 and the Agenda 2030 reports;
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Required degree level:
Master degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s and equivalent) in economics, statistics, development studies, economics, social sciences, information technologies or any other related field;
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in development indicators, statistics, information analysis, research and policy development. Experience with the United Nations in the management of indicators of the UN System and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) will be an asset.
- Experience supporting data analysis for conducting country/national level situational analysis, UN common country programming processes, some of which must be related to 2030 Agenda for sustainable development/SDGs; and SDG nationalization and reporting processes is desirable.
- Working experience working with Kuwait national statistics and public institutions is an advantage;
- Use of statistical software (STATA, or SPSS) is a required, use of data visualization tools (e.g. tableau) and big data analytical tools is highly desirable.
- Experience with cartography, Geographic Information systems (GIS), Remote Sensing is an advantage.
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise:
Database design, administration and maintenance
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Kuwait are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 31-August-2020.