Cloud Service Engineering Internship
Application deadline 1 year ago: Sunday 18 Sep 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a Internship contract. More about Internship contracts.
The Cloud Infrastructure Services unit of Information and Technology Management (ITM) Office in United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is responsible for promoting and supporting Cloud platform as well as organization-wide Cloud-based services like MDM. Our vision is to enable smart UN facilities which are: Optimal and efficient, Efficient in management and Sustainable, by offering and implementing modern Cloud based services to build modern age UNDP around the globe that are fully aligned with Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Our Unit offers a stimulating and versatile internship in an international environment with contact to various partners from some 166 countries with UNDP presence. We are a team who work in a dynamic and informal atmosphere, and we expect our interns to become vital members of the team.
As an intern, you will be given tasks and opportunities that have a direct global impact on the development efforts of the international community. The UNDP/ITM Cloud Service Engineer Internship programme enhances the academic life experience of passionate students as interns and empowers them to become socially responsible, innovative, and environmentally conscious leaders of tomorrow. We bridge the gap between textbook learning and real-time industry experience by taking interns behind the scenes of the world’s leading Cloud initiatives and technologies, while learning to take into consideration the local context. By being a part of our dynamic unit, you will also gain worldwide connections with other top-talented interns and UN staff from UNDP and other agencies; our office is located at the UN City in Copenhagen, giving you the opportunity to interact with people outside the UNDP ITM unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assist Cloud Infrastructure team in
- providing Core Infrastructure and Cloud services
- providing advisory and support for existing Cloud services
implementation and support of new Cloud services
preparation and publishing of internal documentation and knowledge base articles
- preparation and conducting webinars and trainings
Cloud computing: understands the cloud computing concepts and technologies, apply the knowledge and experience in support and development of Cloud-based services and platforms
Information Security: understanding of Information Security principles
- ICT operation support: knowledge in ICT operation and support, applying standard practice and guideline in supporting colleagues
- Programming Skills: knowledge of scripting languages and its use to automate routine tasks
- Client orientation: maintains effective relationships with clients to understand and meet or exceed their needs. Finds ways to ensure client satisfaction
Process Innovation: Identifies opportunities for process, system and structural improvement as well as improving current practices, increasing effectiveness, and achieving efficiency gains. Actively supports the application of sound quality management standards and process improvement
Project Management: Able to organize and structure different tasks, good analytical skills in gathering and consolidating data and research for practical implementation
- Communication: communicates effectively when working in teams and have a proactive attitude with a goal-oriented mind-set
- Collaboration: displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability and Interest and motivation in working in an international organization.
Required Skills and Experience
You must meet one of the following requirements:
You are currently in the final year of your Bachelor’s degree; or
- You are currently enrolled in a Master’s degree; or
You have graduated no longer than 1 year ago from a master’s degree or equivalent studies in the field of Information communication technologies, network and telecommunications, computer science, or equivalent.
Knowledge in one of the following fields is required: networking and network security (TCP/IP, NAT, firewalls), server operating systems (Windows Server and Linux), cloud platforms (Azure, AWS) and their services, Mobile Device Management solutions and services
Knowledge in Microsoft collaboration and productivity Tools: Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of scripting languages is an advantage
- Knowledge of web standards and technologies is an advantage
- Experience with gathering, consolidating and analysing data from different sources is an advantage
- Fluent in written and spoken English is required. Working Knowledge of other UN languages is an advantage.
- In accordance with the UNDP Internship policy, UNDP interns are eligible to receive a monthly stipend, with the rate that varies depending on the duty location. The stipend will be paid monthly, and part-time internship arrangements are prorated accordingly.
- Where an intern is financially supported by an institution, government or third party, UNDP will, subject to the rules of such institution, government or a third party, pay the intern the difference, if any, between the external financial support provided and the applicable UNDP stipend.
Except for the stipend, all other expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern, sponsoring government or institutions.
Interns are not considered staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity.
- Interns are responsible for securing adequate medical insurance for the duration of their internship with UNDP and must provide a medical certificate of good health prior to starting the internship. UNDP will not reimburse the medical insurance of the intern. Any costs arising from accidents and illness incurred during an internship assignment will be the responsibility of the intern.
- The purpose of the Internship Programme is not to lead to further employment with UNDP, but to complement an intern’s studies. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internship.
- UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship.
The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed.
Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UNDP during the period of the internship.
- The intern must provide proof of enrolment in health insurance plan.
- Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity.
- You are expected to work full time, but flexibility is allowed for your education programme.
Eligibility for residency and undertaking internship in Denmark.
The intern will have to make his/her own arrangements for internship, travel, VISA, accommodation etc.