Client Responsiveness Project Manager
This role can be based in London or New York City. Candidates from other IRC approved countries will also be considered.
Over the past 80 years, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) has developed unparalleled expertise in responding to emergencies and helping uprooted communities to rebuild. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster.
The IRC is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and, most crucially, accountability to those we serve. The IRC is a tireless advocate for the most vulnerable.
The IRC committed under its 2020 Strategy to a number of ambitious changes to the way the organization works, strengthening our ability to deliver high impact programming. This included the commitment to client responsive programming. Under Strategy 100 we have reaffirmed that commitment, deepening and expanding our work to date
Driving forward the organizational ambition around client responsiveness, the IRC set up a team in 2015 to develop and implement a strategy for the roll-out of client responsive programming. The team works closely and collaboratively at all levels of the organization and with peers and donors to share learning and ensure relevance and uptake of new approaches. The team contributes to the change agenda around Accountability to Affected Populations and Humanitarian Effectiveness, through hosting and participating in inter-agency events, communication efforts and strategic partnerships.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
IRC is seeking a Project Manager to support the work of the IRC Client Responsiveness team and the implementation of the Empower to Enable (E2E) BHA funded project component. The E2E project is designed to empower front-line staff to enable the participation of crisis-affected people in the design and delivery of humanitarian assistance. Under the supervision of Client Responsiveness Director, the post holder will be responsible to lead on the E2E project management and donor reporting to ensure timely high-quality delivery of all project components. She/he works collaboratively with Client Responsiveness Technical Specialists to manage Client Responsiveness resource kit updates and translation to strengthen the capacity of country programme teams, and promote Client Responsiveness goals through communication, case studies and other relevant products.
A. E2E Project Management
- Ensure the planning and the management of the E2E project component and be responsible for successful project delivery. - Ensure smooth management and integration of project work plans and budgets (budget forecasting, development of spending plans and budget follow-up), timely recruitment, and accurate reporting. - Coordinate the logistic and administrative organization of the project activities and events - Organize and oversee the monitoring for the project as per the MEAL plan and indicators specified in the technical narrative (incl. tools for data collection, indicator tracking, and analysis) - Lead on coordination and liaison with Client Responsiveness team, internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely high-quality reporting to BHA throughout project implementation and close out - Draft project activity and donors’ reports in a timely manner.
B. Client Responsiveness resource kit
- Lead the process of updating the resources, tools and learning materials based on learning and coordination with other technical units - Increase usability and benefit of existing CR tools and guidance to specific target groups, donor requirements and/or sectors.
C. Communication and information management
- Lead on the communication and product dissemination strategy for the E2E project - Regularly communicate with internal and external project stakeholders. - Coordinate planning, agenda setting and reporting for the Project Advisory Committee meetings - Support presentation of the project activities for internal and external audience. - Develop communication briefs, updates, and learnings to internal and external dissemination.
Key Working Relationships:
The Client Responsiveness Manager reports into the Director Client Responsiveness and works closely with the Client Responsiveness Technical Specialists and other colleagues in the Governance Technical Unit.
Internally, the post holder works closely with BHA project team, the MEAL and Country Progtramme senior management participating in the project.
Externally, the post holder nurture relationships with Project Advisory Committee, provide project updates to the inter-agency platforms, other relevant external platforms.
- Bachelor degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, International Relations, Project Management or in any other relevant discipline. A masters’ degree in any relevant field is an added advantage
- 3-5 years of consistent proven and successful experience of project management, specific experience in AAP will be added advantage - Demonstrated understanding of project management in a similar role/with similar responsibilities in a humanitarian or development context. - Strong program/technical and budget management skills, planning, reporting, monitoring and evaluation skills.
Skills and Competences:
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; proven ability to prioritize and deliver on time - Strong analytic problem solving skills - Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional global team structure - Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite, online meeting and survey tools is an asset - Demonstrated ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels - Ability to manage and work through change in a proactive and positive manner. - Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills. - Good written and spoken Spanish or French is an added-value
- Standard office working environment - Some international travel, including in remote and volatile locations as needed up to 10% - This role may require working remotely full or part time and part time remote employees may be required to share workspace.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.