Cash and Livelihoods Specialist Libya Tunis
Application deadline 21 hours ago: Thursday 30 Nov 2023 at 22:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a Professional contract, Grade 9 (NRC) contract. More about Professional contract, Grade 9 (NRC) contracts.
What we are looking for:
The Norwegian Refugee Council in Libya is looking for an experienced Cash and Livelihoods Specialist who would be responsible for fundraising for NRC Livelihoods programming in Libya. They would also be responsible for mentoring, technical training and capacity building of NRC staff and local partners involved in the implementation of NRC’s Livelihoods and Cash programmes as well as responsible for quality implementation of the Cash and Livelihoods Strategy.
What you will do:
- Develop Livelihoods and Cash Programme technical SOPs / guidelines and Macro LFAs.
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities.
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within Core Competency (CC), ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation.
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from CC implementation and incorporate them in CC and staff development processes.
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of technical staff, in approaches including cash-based interventions and market-based programme.
- Develop, support and guide NRC’s Cash and Livelihoods projects in Libya including developing market-based strategies as that promote economic inclusion and security in line with overall NRC Country and Regional Strategy.
- Design and implement labour market analysis, Household Economy Analysis and/or Value chain analysis or similar to inform program design.
- Lead on the Cash and Livelihoods CC strategic programme planning, resource mobilization (including leading on fundraising for the Cash and Livelihoods programme).
- Adapt the programme to the changing context, as necessary throughout the project and programme life cycles.
- Support the harmonization and consistency across Cash and Livelihoods projects implemented in the field offices.
- Ensure technical quality and innovation of the Cash and Livelihoods programme including strategic oversight in the technical direction, programmatic learning objectives, M&E tools, etc., and in seeking synergies with other programmes and projects.
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters, including with national authorities and donors.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
Please download the detailed job description to learn more about the position.
What you will bring:
- Minimum 4 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience of working in complex and volatile contexts. Knowledge of the context in the Middle East and preferably in Libya.
- Technical Livelihoods and Economics expertise with knowledge and skills in market analysis, cash-based interventions and market-based programmes.
- Strong background in economics, private sector development, business administration, statistics, or related fields is required.
- Proven experience of developing and implementing cash-based programming.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile with documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal. Knowledge of Arabic is highly desirable.
What we offer:
- Duty station: Tunis, Tunisia
- Contract: 12 months
- Travel: 40% to Libya.
- Salary/benefits: grade 9 on NRC’s salary scale, with accompanying terms and conditions
- NRC is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to diversity without distinction to age, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
- We think outside the box, encourage ideas, and give responsibility to all employees at all levels. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
Important information about the application process
- Internal candidates only: To apply as an internal candidate, log in with your official email or click on Opportunity MarketPlace.
- When creating your profile, include your full name as given on your passport. Complete all the system-required fields for experience, employment history and education.
- Submit your application and CV in English, taking care to attach your latest CV.
- Applications that do not meet the minimum standards in terms of experience or qualifications will generally not be considered. Unsolicited applications not related to this specific job advertisement will not be considered.
- We receive many applications for each vacant position and so only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We invite applications from all qualified and interested candidates. Send in your application by latest November 30th , 2023.
- If you have any questions about this role, please email [email protected] with the job title as the subject line.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. Our 15,000 staff work in crises across 40 countries, providing life-saving and long-term assistance to millions of people every year.
NRC Libya began its operations in 2017 and has scaled-up its operational and programming presence across the country to support IDPs, returnees, host-communities and other vulnerable groups affected by conflict and disaster. NRC delivers assistance through its offices in Tripoli, Benghazi and Misrata and a Community Centre in Ajdabiya. NRC is also in the process of establishing a new office in Eastern Libya to respond to flood and storm affected areas, including Derna. NRC provides assistance through integrated shelter, cash, livelihoods, legal assistance, and education programming. NRC also carries out evidence-based advocacy to improve the protection environment for the most vulnerable communities in Libya and to support them in accessing durable solutions. NRC is the co-lead of the National Education and Shelter Working Thematic Working Groups and is an active member of the Libya INGO Forum.
Watch this short video to see NRC in action.
We are looking for people who are passionate about helping refugees and people forced to flee. Are you one of those people? If you are, NRC offers you the opportunity to:
- do demanding and professional work, often in challenging contexts.
- join a work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility.
- be part of a welcoming and supportive community committed to human dignity.
Learn more about NRC's operations in Libya here.