Camp Management Coordinator Sudan Darfur
Application deadline 7 months ago: Thursday 3 Feb 2022 at 08:58 UTCOpen application form
This is a Professional contract (NRC) contract. More about Professional contract (NRC) contracts.
Camp Management Coordinator (National Position) –Advertisement
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on NRC people (Oracle HR). Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC resumed operations in Sudan in 2020, providing humanitarian assistance, protection, and durable solutions. Our country programme integrates all of NRC’s six core competencies (camp management, education, ICLA, livelihoods, shelter, and WASH), and provides a rapid response capacity (including for the recent refugee emergency in eastern Sudan), and thematic capacities for cash and markets-based approaches, advocacy, digital modes of assistance, and co-leading various technical and strategic coordination platforms.
Role Specific Information
The purpose of the Camp Management Coordinator position is to coordinate teams and activities in order to implement Camp Management operations in North Darfur state.
The following is a brief description of the role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Line management of Camp Management project field staff (18 staff)
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures and awareness of NRC global and regional strategies
- Contribute to Camp Management strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps, considering where appropriate the role of cash-based interventions and market based programmes
- Collaborate with CM PDM to develop tools and materials as needed for project implementation (4Ws, Service mapping, surveys, questionairs, MnE tools etc)
- Lead daily, weekly, and monthly CM team planning and operational coordination (for CM teams in the Field Office), including on Support functions (on budgets and spending, recruitment, administrative liaison, grants reporting, monitoring and evaluation)
- Oversee and manage programme quality of CM team activities in North Darfur, including accountability to and effective engagement with affected people
- Contribute to risk management framework for programming in North Darfur Field Office, and support in implementing risk mitigation measures
- Ensure CM project activities are fully documented for financial, reporting, accountability, learning, and communication purposes.
- Undertake regular field visits to spot check and monitor project progress and performance.
- Conduct regular external coordination with Key Stakeholders (authorities, Sector leads, Community leaders etc).
- Overview of all project management documents (spending plans, budget VS actuals, procurement plans, Workplans, Output and Outcome tracking etc) and ensure documents are updated monthly.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Experience from working in camp-based humanitarian project implementation position
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- University degree in a relevant subject, ideal
- At least 3 years’ experience in a project implementation position in an NGO or UN agency
- At least 1 years’ experience in a team leadership or line management position;
- At least 6 months prior experience in CCCM, idealy in Sudan
- Excellent capacity to plan, prioritize and multitask;
- Excellent team-working skills;
- Flexible and adaptable, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations;
- Excellent computer literacy, including MS Office (Word and Excel);
- Preferable knowledge in either (or multiple) of the following fields of intervention: WASH, Shelter/infrastructure, protection
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Al-Fasher
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
To apply please visit www.nrc.no careers