Block GIS Coordinator (No of Posts - 5)
Application deadline 2 years ago: Monday 17 Aug 2020 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a National Consultant contract. More about National Consultant contracts.
Mahatma Gandhi Employment Guarantee Act 2005, is an Indian labour law and social security measure that aims to guarantee the 'right to work'
The MGNREGA was initiated with the objective of "enhancing livelihood security in rural areas by providing at least 100 days of guaranteed wage employment in a financial year, to every household whose adult members volunteer to do unskilled manual work". Another aim of MGNREGA is to create durable assets (such as roads, canals, ponds and wells). Employment is to be provided within 5 km of an applicant's residence, and minimum wages are to be paid
Remote Sensing (RS) and Geographical information system (GIS) can be effectively used to collect, store and analyze Mahatma Gandhi NREGA assets (Watershed locations, Farm ponds, percolation tanks, check dams, road layer, Irrigation Channels etc). With the use of GIS in the area of asset management, it is possible to visualize and understand the geographical context of an asset and improve the efficiency of asset management. Spatial location is a major common aspect of all the asset data and GIS can map all the assets along with information for visualization and proper decision making.
The Mahatma Gandhi NREGA GIS Solution intends to provide a single and integrated view of asset information system pan rural India. GIS enabled portal (e-Governance) will act as a gateway to facilitate and coordinate the exchange and sharing of geospatial data between stakeholders from various jurisdictional levels in the spatial data community. This will facilitate to search, locate and publish geospatial data wherein end users can access, share and publish (with appropriate log-in authenticity) in response to the needs of diverse user groups. The GIS enabled portal will maintain, process, store, distribute and improve the utilization of geospatial data for planners, decision makers and public.
An interactive web GIS-based management System will maintain entire information of MGNREGA assets. The system will allow users to create new data, update existing data related to assets, generate queries, spatial query such as buffer, reports, maps, etc. This will help the Department in possessing a valuable digital database (both spatial and non-spatial) for the entire country. Properly defined customized queries will also be made available for day-to-day planning and management of the MGNREGA assets.
The state’s performance in MGNREGA has been on par with the national average but the potential for the scheme expansion in terms for average person days and coverage of work is large.
The 'Aspirational Districts Program', was launched by the Hon'ble Prime Minister in January, 2018 with the objective to quickly and effectively transform 117 most backward districts across 28 States through convergence of government programs / schemes. During the Empowered Committee meeting for FY 2019-20, it was observed that the performances of majority of the aspirational districts were below the state average. The analysis of the performance of the 117 Aspirational District was done for FY 2018-19 which reveals that many districts were lagging behind in the key deliverables of Mahatma Gandhi NREGS.It has been noted that the GIS based planning can lead to accelerated development of backward regions/ aspirational districts.
Cluster Facilitation Project
Cluster facilitation project wish to strengthened the implementation of MGNREGS through strong GIS focused implementation approach in Aspirational District Blocks and Backward block . CFP under MGNREGA will work in convergence with National Rural Livelihoods Mission in the state for development of enabling eco-system in the grassroot level supported by NRLM based CBOs. The Project cover key developmental aspects in terms to livelihoods generation such as improving agricultural allied activity and natural resource management works under MGNREGA. It also ensures priority inclusion of the most vulnerable communities (SCs/STs HHs) in MGNREGA works.
The CFP has a vision of addressing poverty in aspirational districts/backward areas with a multi-pronged strategy of leveraging the synergies of different flagship programme of the Central Government/State Governments in convergence with Mahatma Gandhi NREGS through better coordination, planning and its implementation.
In the context of the above UNDP will technically support Government of Uttarakhand in implementation of Cluster Facilitation. Therefore as a part of the above plan Block GIS Coordinators will be onboarded.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordination with district officials and provide all support to the project team for proper planning and implementation of of the Mahatma Gandhi NREGS
- Prepare GIS based plan for all the GPS of the block on saturation mode with the permissible activities and complete the plans within 6 months
- Any other wok assigned as and when by the competent authority.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Should have exposure to social mobilization processes. tools and techniques.
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Excellent analytical skills particularly with social processes.
- Good communication and drafting skills
Management and Leadership
- Ability to work in a team and train staff on the job on social mobilization tools
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards.
- Demonstrated willingness to work on poverty issues and the affected community
- Suitable orientation to work with the deprived sections in the rural areas, vulnerability livelihoods
- Should be self-driven and motivated for social change.
- Management & Leadership skills
- Mentoring & Mobilization skills
- Communication, Training, & Language skills
Required Skills and Experience
M. Tech/ M.E/M.Sc in Geographic Information Science or Technology/Remote sensing & GIS/Geo Spatial Technology/Geo Informatics//Geo Spatial science/Surveying and Geo informatics.
BE/BTech with PG Diploma in Geographic Information Science/Remote sensing from recognized university or institute
MCA with PG Diploma in Geographic Information Science/Remote sensing from recognized university or institute.
Post Graduate in science/Agricultural Science with PG Diploma in Geographic Information Science/Remote sensing from recognized university or institute
At least 1 year 6 months of experience in GIS based projects at field level in reputed government funded organizations like NIRD & PR, NRSC, SRSAC etc or similar reputed organizations
Schedule of Payments:
- A Consolidated Annual Consultancy Fee (Remuneration) of Rs 4,20,000/- (@Rs. 35,000/- per month) payable in equal monthly instalments, upon submission of monthly progress report certified by the reporting officer.
- Contract will be administered by UNDP on behalf of the State Government of Uttarakhand;
- The consultant would report to Block Development Officer/Programme Officer
- The incumbent shall be provided a laptop/computer by the government.
- All the logistic support related official travel will be borne by the Government of Uttarakhand as per the prevailing rules;
- Travelling [email protected] maximum 20% of emoluments based on actual bills.
- Consultant will be entitled for 2 days leave per month (non-encashable)
Evaluation Method and Criteria
- Preliminary shortlisting would be done based on the following criteria:
Step 1: Short listing would be done based on the following criteria:
• Educational Qualification - 30 Marks;
• Relevant Experience - 40 Marks;
Step 2: Personal Interviews (Face to Face/ Skype)
• Suitability for the assignment - 30 Marks;
- Candidates obtaining a minimum of 70% (49 marks) of 70 marks will be eligible to appear for the interview. Top scoring candidates (out of total 100 marks) will be sent offer of consultancy in order of ranking.
- Interview for the shortlisted candidates would be either conducted face to face in Dehradun or by telephone / over skype.
Note - Please ensure that all the documents to be uploaded should be combined in a single PDF file before uploading as the system has provision of uploading only one document.
General Conditions for Individual Contract- http://www.in.undp.org/content/dam/india /docs/procurement/UNDP%20General%20Conditions%20for%20Individual%20Contracts.pdf
For any clarifications, please write to: [email protected]
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence