Associate (Human Resources)
Application deadline 4 months ago: Thursday 15 Sep 2022 at 21:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a G-6 contract. This kind of contract is known as General Service and related categories. It is normally only for nationals. It usually requires 6 years of experience, depending on education. More about G-6 contracts.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The objective of the Programme is to deliver WHO care functions at the country level, with particular focus of the Organization's directing and coordinating role for international work. Within this framework, activities include support to the Government in the formulation, implementation and evaluation of national health policies, strategies and plans, and development and managementof WHO's technical cooperation programmes at the country level. The objective of the Human Resource Management in the country office is to recruit the best qualified personnel in a timely manner; deliver effective and efficient HR services, promote a culture of staff well-being and development; and guide staff, including new and reassigned staff members on all human resource management related matters.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the overall guidance of WHO Representative to Maldives (WR), direct supervision of Administrative Officer (AO), the incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Provides administrative support in various HR services such as: processing of staff and non-staff contracts, recruitment, and selection against temporary and fixed-term Professional and NPO, GS positions in WCO Maldives including vacancy announcements, initial review and screening of eligible candidates in consultation with AO, conduct selection panel meetings, written tests and interviews of the candidates and preparation of documents/folders for selection panel meetings, and related correspondence.
2. Supports HR activities in areas of Recruitment and Administration; analyzing and monitoring the selection process at all stages and maintain appropriate records and follow up with HRM/SEARO.
3. Drafts/prepares on own initiative, correspondence, reports, evaluations and justifications as required on HR tasks which may be of a confidential nature within the assigned area of responsibility and ensures follow-ups. Maintains and updates policy, confidential and general HR files.
4. Processing/tracking HR actions in the GlobalManagement System (GSM) for recruitment, contract extensions, granting of continuing appointments, separations etc., ensuring availability of funding, completion of necessary administrative formalities and coordinating with WCO technical programme and Global Service Center (GSC) as required.
5. Processing GSM requests and provide guidance to staff on staff entitlements, e-Manual provisions, and HR policies on matters such as leave, education grant, rental advance/subsidies, safe driving bonus, statutorytravel, dependency, voluntary group life insurance and accident and illness insurance, pension matters, extra pay, and other benefits and entitlements.
6. Initiates timely HR actions in GSM. Processing separation actions for staff leaving the Organization and ensuring completion of necessary administrative formalities in a timely manner.
7. Maintains rosters of candidates for staff and non-staff contracts in WHO Maldives for short-term assignments in the country office; provides SEARO, a list of yearly holidays for WHO Maldives and the public holidays well in advance every year.
8. Organize induction and orientation program for all staff at the time of their joining WCO Maldives.
9. Maintain close liaison with national authorities, WCO technical programme, and HRM/SEARO to follow-up and expedite the completion of recruitment and selection of the candidate.
10. Participate in internal HR discussions and assist in selection meetings and provide inputs on HR policies and procedures.
11. Undertake tasks, as assigned, from time to time, for analytical inputs on information received from various sources including compilation of information available from e-Manual and WHO web pages.
12. Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisors.
Essential: Secondary school education Desirable: University degree
Essential: At least 8 years of progressive responsible administrative/secretarial experience Desirable: Experience in human resources management is an asset
- Thorough knowledge of modern office procedures and practices.
- The incumbent keeps abreast of changes taking place in the Organization in procedures and practices, rules and regulations, organizational structure, etc.
- Ability to draft standard correspondence.
- Ability to handle work in a timely and accurate manner with tact and discretion, as required.
- Ability to maintain and update knowledge in the use of office technology through in-house courses, on-the-job training and/or self-training.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Knowing and managing yourself
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Dhivehi.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at MVR 257,464 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level.
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
A written test may be used as a form of screening.
In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.