Administrative & Operations Assistant
Application deadline 4 months ago: Monday 1 Aug 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a NPSA-7 contract. This kind of contract is known as National Personnel Services Agreement. It is normally only for nationals. It usually requires 7 years of experience, depending on education. More about NPSA-7 contracts.
The Technical Secretariat of UNPRPD MPTF is based in the UNDP Governance team in the Bureau of Policy and Programme Support. The UNPRPD Technical Secretariat operates in accordance with the UNPRPD Strategic Operational Framework 2020–2025 and agreed annual work plan developed following strategic direction from the Policy Board and upon approval by the Management Committee. The Technical Secretariat works closely with the Administrative Agent (Multi Partner Trust Fund Office) and carries out the following responsibilities:
- Ensure strong and efficient coordination of partners, including liaison with global focal points within the UNPRPD MPTF’s various constituencies
- Develop and implement a resource mobilization strategy
- Manage UNPRPD external relations and external communications and outreach strategy
- Develop and submit an annual work plan for MC approval and allocation of funds
- Update UNPRPD members on delivery of work plans including the drafting and dissemination of the Annual Narrative Report
- Coordinate relevant review and decision-making processes for the selection of UNPRPD-supported initiatives and allocation of UNPRPD funding
- Monitor and oversee joint programmes, including liaising with UNCTs on overall progress and challenges in UNPRPD-supported initiatives
- Monitor joint programmes to distil learning, devise annual plans to develop knowledge management tools and systems, and facilitate the development of these tools and systems in accordance with the Strategic Operational Framework
- Monitor joint programmes and catalytic funding to identify capacity building needs, support multi-stakeholder capacity building in joint programmes, design and deliver capacity building initiatives in partnership with UNPRPD members, and provide technical support to UNCTs for country programmes
- Develop internal management processes to ensure efficient operational delivery
- Manage UNPRPD MPTF resources directly entrusted to the Technical Secretariat in keeping with the provision of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) establishing the UNPRPD MPTF
The Administrative and Operations Assistant will support the UNPRPD in the execution of administrative procedures, operational functions and additional responsibilities as needed to increase efficiency of UNPRPD TS.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work
- Supports management and implementation of the Technical Secretariat activities including:
- Provide support for the organization of in person meetings/ events including logistics, administrative and procurement support.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the team; handle travel services for staff and meeting participants.
- Organize and maintain internal databases including contacts lists and shared folders.
- Organize and maintain agenda of the Manager of the Technical Secretariat.
- Assist in developing procurement plans for assigned projects to ensure compliance with UNDP policies and standards.
- Support in recruitment for IPSA/consultant/intern; assist in preparing the TOR, selection memo, budget, and coordinating with candidates. Support induction phase of selected candidates.
- Assist in procurement of goods and services including Individual Contracts, Institutional Contracts, Contracts for Professional Services, LTAs and ensure supporting documentation needed for contract files is obtained
- Process payments of ICs, contractual services and vendors and provide quality checks of vouchers in terms of accuracy and documentation.
- Support in consolidating the data from multiple ATLAS financial reports, including expenditures and commitments monitoring and tracking.
- Leads maintenance of the inventory of programme assets/equipment.
- Any other functions to be assigned by the supervisor.
- Supports budget management and reporting including:
- Effective support to UNPRPD internal financial management including undertaking necessary ATLAS system to support finance solutions on budget management, prepare of budget/project award revisions, and generate of relevant financial reports
- Preparation of project budget revisions.
- Preparation of transfer requests for MPTF programmes including TS indirect costs.
- Preparation of relevant information, specifically related to reports and financial analysis
- Assist in the process of projects’ audit assurance activities and evaluations
LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility:
LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination:
LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner:
LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion:
LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
People Management (Insert below standard sentence if the position has direct reports.)
UNDP People Management Competencies can be found in the dedicated site.
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies (insert up to 7 competencies)
Business Direction & Strategy
Ability to use objective problem analysis and judgement to understand how interrelated elements coexist within an overall process or system, and to consider how altering one element can impact on other parts of the system
Ability to leverage learning from a variety of sources to anticipate and respond
Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need
Integration within the UN
Knowledge of the UN System and ability to apply this knowledge to strategic and/or practical situations
Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience. Ability to manage communications internally and externally,
Knowledge of relevant concepts and mechanisms.
Required Skills and Experience
Min. Education requirements
Secondary education is required; or Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Economics, Political Science, Social Sciences, Business Administration, Human Resource and any other related fields will be given due consideration.
Min. years of relevant work experience
Minimum 6 years of relevant administrative experience for secondary education or 3 years for a bachelor’s degree of relevant in programme and administrative support
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Proven knowledge and experience of procurement processes.
- Proven knowledge and experience of UNDP financial rules and regulations, accounting and IPSAS.
- Proficiency in IT software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems is required.
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to deliver projects within assigned deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to manage workshops/events organization support and/or logistical arrangements
- Experience in financial reporting of the projects
- Proven knowledge and experience of UNDP financial rules and regulations, accounting and IPSAS
Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section
- Experience working with UNDP and knowledge of MPTFs organizations would be desirable