Administrative Assistant, GS-5, FT, Medicines and Nutrition Centre, Supply Division, Copenhagen
Application deadline in 5 days: Sunday 5 Dec 2021 at 22:55 UTCOpen application form
This is a G-5 contract. This kind of contract is known as General Service and related categories. It is normally only for nationals. It usually requires 5 years of experience, depending on education.
The salary for this job should be more than 4,015 USD.
Salary for a G-5 contract in CopenhagenThe salary of a G-5 depends on the duty station. The minimum salary there is 26,428 DKK (~4,015 USD)
Please keep in mind that the salary displayed here is an estimation by UN Talent based on the location and the type of contract. It may vary depending on the organization. The recruiter should be able to inform you about the exact salary range. In case the job description contains another salary information, please refer to this one.More about G-5 contracts.
Under the general supervision of the Centre Chief, the Administrative Assistant provides overall administrative and secretarial support to the Team and carries out the following key tasks and responsibilities:
- Assists the Chief in ensuring that the daily duties of the Centre are properly performed in particular time management, proper sorting/distribution of the daily mail, preparation and planning of meetings, training sessions, handling of calls and visitors.
- Performs administrative tasks related to the organisation of official travels, missions, internal and external meetings of the Chief, such as preparing travel forms/documents, organising appointments, preparing briefing documents in collaboration with the Contract Officers.
- Ensures that policy, confidential and management files are properly maintained and up to date.
- Searches, compiles and prepares information material documents as required.
- Takes dictation, prepares routing correspondence and produces minutes and unofficial translations as required.
- Receives, screens, and distributes mail to appropriate persons within centre.
- Drafts routine correspondence for signature by Chief.
- Supports Chief with personnel administration, including following-up with supervisors and staff that all PER’s and related discussions are completed on time and are documented.
- Maintains Centre Team library, samples and works with Communication Officer on web-site information. Acts as the Centre’s focal point for the Intranet and Internet ensuring that relevant information about the Business Unit is posted to promote the understanding of the Division and the Centre.
- Monitors daily attendance of centre staff and prepares monthly absence reports. Provides advice and ensures administrative support as required.
- Compiles and prepare statistics for presentation by Chief at Management meetings including information material and power point presentations for internal and external use and presentation for senior staff of the Centre.
- Monitors, reports and files the project status reports and resources used against budget.
- Acts as the Centre’s budget focal point and maintains necessary budgetary records.
- Any other duties as requested by the supervisor.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education
- Min. five years’ relevant working experience from an administrative position
- Proficiency in various MS Office applications Word, Excel, Power Point and other IT applications.
- Fluency in English
- Formal secretarial training
- Working experience in a secretarial function in an international environment
- Fluency in another UN language (Arabic, Russian, Chinese, Spanish, French)
- Fluency in Danish
UNICEF staff members globally and applicants who are EU nationals or in possession of a valid work permit for Denmark are eligible to apply. General Service (GS) staff are personally responsible for any travel and accommodation arrangements and UNICEF will not cover any costs related to relocation.
Note that the selected candidate is responsible for obtaining residence permit and any required extension thereof as such an extension cannot be dependent on an employment with UNICEF. (This does not apply for current UNICEF staff members who are non-EU nationals and recruited internationally as residency will be linked to the position with UNICEF).
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and our core competencies as follows:
Core competencies skills
- Builds and maintains partnerships
- Demonstrates self-awareness and
- Drive to achieve results for impact
- Innovates and embraces change
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
- Works collaboratively with others
To view our competency framework, please click here
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
The closing date of this position is 5 December 2021
Please note that we may utilize the applicant pool for this position to identify candidates for similar upcoming vacancies at the same level and within the same functional area.
Please be informed that all applications to UNICEF are handled via UNICEF's online recruiting system. You can apply to the above position by creating your profile, and application at our web site: https://jobs.unicef.org/en-us/listing/
Kindly note that all applications should be in English and that applications outside of the online recruiting system will not be accepted. Kindly also note that diversity and gender balance are factors in the selection process. Queries can be directed to Louise Pedersen at email@example.com
Visit us at www.unicef.org/supply/