General Administration Responsibilities:
- Properly organize the office to meet department needs;
- Greet and direct visitors to departments;
- Ensure a centralized contact lists including staff, program visitors and partners is maintained;
- In collaboration with other departments, handle public services documentation and authorizations relative to the organization’s operation etc
- Assist all departments in implementing effective administrative systems in their respective departments;
- Ensure a flight movement tracking system is in place, is visible and maintained;
- Serve as focal point for all flight travel requests (national and international);
- Manage and process all flight, accommodation and generally travel requests.
Facilities Management & Supplies
- Oversee the process of receiving, logging and follow-up on requests for space, accommodation and supplies;
- Oversee and firm up identification of new premises, as required;
- Identify and oversee requests for any needed repairs and/or supplies on guesthouses and permanent staff residences and refer to SC department for action, when necessary;
- Oversee maintenance of inventory records for office supplies (stationary, cleaning and kitchen supplies, toners etc.) and promptly advise SC department of restocking needs;
- Focal point for requests and to maintain inventory records for all office furniture and promptly advise SC department of extra needs;
- Ensure all office equipment is stocked with required supplies (toner, paper etc.). Refer any maintenance required to IT Officer and SC department;
- Review and verify bills received for facilities (office, guesthouses, permanent staff residences) including utilities, maintenance, provision of standard supplies, new furniture or equipment and prepare payment requests; undertake analysis of bills to make recommendations on most cost-effective billing approaches; Keep trackers of all expenses.
- Ensure office and accommodation premises are well managed and maintained.
- Ensure a regularly updated visiting staff schedule is maintained;
- Oversee hotel bookings as required for visiting staff, consultants etc., including ensuring prior approval by an authorized supervisor and recording of accounting expense codes;
- Maintain a schedule for occupancy of the IRC guesthouses, ensure guesthouses are ready and appropriately stocked for incoming visitors
- Oversee all arrival and departure, pick up and drop off from and to airport and submit timely transport requests to Supply Chain;
- Communicate with visitors to confirm arrivals, accommodations and any transport requirements;
- Ensure visitors are advised in advance of all arrangements and provided with arrival package including contacts and latest visitor security protocols;
- Verify hotel billings and prepare related payment requests;
- Degree or professional certification in Administration, Business Management or related field strongly preferred
- At least 3 years’ experience in Administration (proven experience in accounting or legal firms will be appreciated)
- Ability to write narrative and analytical spread sheet reports.
- Proven computer literacy in MS-Word, MS-Excel MS-Access and related programs required.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to put in extra hours as required.
- Willingness to travel to the field.
- Systems oriented individual.
- Good team player.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in English and Greek, both written and spoken;
- Willingness to travel to field sites