Youth Engagement Associate
Application deadline 3 days ago: Sunday 20 Jun 2021
This is a UNV International Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as International UN Volunteer. It is normally internationally recruited only. More about UNV International Specialist contracts.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of Youth Program Officer the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Supports the formulation and design of Youth component in projects and initiatives, in line with Government priorities and according to UNFPA program policies and procedures;
- Actively participates in resource mobilization efforts of Country Office by participating in the development of project ideas and preparing relevant documentation.
- Participate in analysing and interpreting the political, social and economic environment and trends relevant to Youth;
Contribute to the development of initiatives and frameworks in areas of Youth in line to ICPD beyond 2019 Action Plan and the 2030 Development Agenda/SDGs.
Participate in the Analysis and reports on youth initiatives progress in terms of achieving results;
- Actively participate in the process of advocacy for integration of Youth, human rights in all aspects of programming.
Required degree level:
Master degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
Advanced university degree in health, population, demography and/or other related social science field.
3 years relevant professional experience within the field of Youth
- English(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise:
Youth and sports, Other development programme/project experience
Area of expertise details:
evaluation of development, health and/or social programs with special focus on Youth
Experience in project design, management, and monitoring;
Experience in integrating a youth perspective in programs development
Familiarity with UN development programs and working procedures is an asset;
Field experience with in youth initiatives is a strong asset.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams
This assignment is funded by JICA, therefore only former Japan Overseas Cooperation Volunteers (JICA-JOCV) who could get recommendation by JICA-JOCV Secretariat are eligible to apply. Please check your application eligibility here: JICA website.
This is a UN Volunteer assignment and eligible candidates must be 25 years of age or older.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The selection will be done by the UN Host Entity at the level of the country of assignment, via competency-based interviews held via skype or telephone.
How to apply
Please apply via the link below. You can then either log in if you already have an account or register via ‘Candidate Signup’.
You may apply to a maximum of three assignments per advertisement and indicate your order of preference in the ‘Additional Remarks’ section of your profile.
Application deadline: 20 June 2021