WASH Specialist, P-3, Harare, Zimbabwe, position for 364 days (Open to non Zimbabwean nationals)
Application deadline 7 months ago: Wednesday 16 Feb 2022 at 21:55 UTCOpen application form
This is a P-3 contract. This kind of contract is known as Professional and Director staff. It is normally internationally recruited only. It's a staff contract. It usually requires 5 years of experience, depending on education.
The salary for this job should be between 99,283 USD and 130,004 USD.
Salary for a P-3 contract in HarareThe international rate of 74,649 USD, with an additional 33% at this the location, applies.
Please keep in mind that the salary displayed here is an estimation by UN Talent based on the location and the type of contract. It may vary depending on the organization. The recruiter should be able to inform you about the exact salary range. In case the job description contains another salary information, please refer to this one.More about P-3 contracts and their salaries.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, an opportunity!
UNICEF has been operating in Zimbabwe since 1982. We are a team of passionate professionals committed to the protection and fulfillment of children’s rights.
Supporting the Government’s vision of a prosperous and empowered upper-middle-income society, the 2022 to 2026 country programme is aimed at contributing to sustainable socioeconomic development that provides all children, including adolescents, with opportunities to fulfil their potential, lead a healthy life, access quality learning and protection and meaningfully participate in society.
For more information about UNICEF Zimbabwe please click here
You can also access and explore all new UNICEF vacancies and create job alerts via the UNICEF Zimbabwe website link below:
How can you make a difference?
A challenging and exciting opportunity has arisen within UNICEF Zimbabwe's Climate Resilient, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Section, for a passionate and committed WASH Specialist (P3) temporary appointment post for 364 days.
The WASH Specialist reports to the Chief of WASH (P5) for guidance and general supervision. The Specialist supports the development, preparation, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the WASH programme within the country programme. The Specialist provides technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes, to facilitate the administration and achievement of the WASH-related output results in the country programme.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Programme development and planning
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Technical and operational support for programme implementation
- Humanitarian WASH preparedness and response
- Networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
Please refer to the attached job description for more information WASH Specialist P3 TA post JD.pdf
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: public health, social sciences, behavior change communication, sanitary engineering or another relevant technical field.
- Additional relevant post-graduate courses that complement/supplement the main degree are a strong asset.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in WASH-related programmes for developing countries is required.
- One year of deployment in a developing country is required.
- Experience in WASH in health care facilities, planning and monitoring in UNICEF, and research skills are highly desirable.
- At least one three-month deployment mission in a humanitarian situation (with UN-Govt-INGO) is highly desired.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is considered as an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are...
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness
- Works Collaboratively with others
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships
- Innovates and Embraces Change
- Thinks and Acts Strategically
- Drive to achieve impactful results
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.