Scope of Work
The position is responsible for the implementation of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene activities designed in IRC’s WASH program supporting humanitarian WASH needs of conflict affected IDPs in Myanmar. IRC will implement WASH activities in IDP camps and conflict-affected sites in Rathedaung, Minbya and Myebon townships in Rakhine State, Myanmar.
The WASH Officer will lead for the successful implementation of WASH project activities in the targeted IDP sites of Rathedaung townships and others based on changing needs. He/ she will manage a team of WASH volunteers selected by camp committee members and HH leaders in the IDP sites. The position is based in Rathedaung office with frequent and extensive travel to villages and IDP sites in Rathedaung township.
Reporting and supervision -------------------------
This position reports to the Senior WASH Officer. He/ She will provide the Senior Officer with weekly implementation updates. He/ She will supervise community mobilization facilitators and community WASH volunteers.
Technical leadership --------------------
- He/she will lead and supervise the implementation of all planned WASH activities. - He/she will perform as the focal point of IRC WASH department in Rathedaung township. - Provide technical supports to WASH volunteers for all designing, installation, maintenances of all WASH infrastructures. - Under the guidance of the Senior WASH Officer, support capacity building of community WASH volunteers. - Participate in the design and implementation of a new behaviour change approach for community participation in WASH management. - Ensure the communication with communities for the implementation of WASH activities, participate in the preparation of community mobilization and behaviour change strategies - Participate in the data collection and survey to look for unmet needs and identify any other needed WASH surveys contents. - Responsible for addressing any project-related issue quickly and raise any potential risks or issues to the Senior WASH Officer and Field Manager. - Support the Senior WASH Officer in providing basic training to all programme staff in HBCC approaches, community mobilisation, facilitation skills, participatory approaches and WASH infra designing.
Coordination, information sharing, monitoring and report writing
- Participate, lead and organize the formal meetings with relevant stakeholders, camp committees and community volunteers - Monitor the progress of field activities in the sites, collecting project data on time and according to standards. - Keep the Senior WASH officer informed on the progress and constraints of the project activities through the project coordination meetings and monthly progress reports. - Participate in the weekly team meeting and to any extra meeting organized by IRC field team - Participate in the good information sharing with other IRC team members (MEAL/WASH/ Supply Chain, HR) at field level - Participation in the reinforcement on the understanding of IRC mandate, principles, and operation modalities by the program beneficiaries - Participate in the emergency response activities assigned by supervisor as appropriate.
- · Strengthen knowledge and skill of project staffs. - · Perform any other relevant tasks assigned by the Senior WASH officer and/or Field manager as appropriate.
Basic Qualifications: ---------------------
- Bachelor degree or diploma in civil engineering, environmental engineering and at least 1 year experience working in WASH projects with a particular focus on community participation. - Experience in implementing humanitarian response projects with strong community participation. - · At least 2 years experiences working with LNGO, INGO - · Experience working in Rakhine context is preferable
Professional Skills: --------------------
- · Good interpersonal, organizational and time management skills. - · Good communication skills - · Proven staff management skills - · Capable of training staff and volunteers - · Ability to work well both within a team and independently, in a challenging, politically sensitive and fast-paced environment. - Basic English language skills, both verbal and written. - Computer skills in Microsoft Office. - · Good understanding of humanitarian principles. - Demonstrating trustworthiness and upholding the highest ethical standards. - Ability to design WASH infrastructures in sketch up, Auto CAD and any other technical designing software. - Ability to prepare BoQ with estimate for WASH infrastructures.
Myanmar nationals with relevant skills sets and proven experience of working at international level are strongly encouraged.