The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international NGOs, provides relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities over 30 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery, and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response.
Reporting to camp manager and responsible for the efficient coordination and management of store functions for IRC’s office in kebribeyah, Storekeeper must be able to properly keep Program supplies, asset and equipment, whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining proper recording & documentation.
Major key Responsibilities:
- Maintain accurate & up to date store records & documentation for all materials in the store as per IRC policy & procedures. - Keep the store clean & arranged. - Keep/store the materials by category in zone or program & make sure that proper materials handling is applied. - Make sure that the items are grouped / arranged in qualities that are easy to count. - Make sure that no expired materials are stored in the warehouse. - Make sure that delivery is prepared for newly purchased materials & sore release is issued whenever issuing item from store. - Open stock card for each item in the warehouse. - Make sure that the same materials but different donors have different stock card & pin card. - With coordination of Supply chain cross check & update asset, office & equipment tracking & report on quarterly basis. - Update prolog on daily basis & prepare the report on 26 of every month. - Settle the utilities payment on monthly basis - Prepare loading & unloading of materials & settle the payment on time. - Perform any other related duties assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Certificate/TVET, diploma or degree in supply chain management, business administration or any related field of study. - Minimum of three years of related work experience for high school graduate and certificate/TVET - Two years of related work experience for diploma/TVET - Knowledge of generic procurement procedures and practices (IRC or NGO experience advantageous). - Familiarity with major donor and local regulations / laws advantageous. - One year work experience in storekeeper - Competent in spoken and written English - Good mathematical skills. - Competent use of PC especially spreadsheets.
- Strong sense of personal integrity. - Attention to detail. - Strong supervisory skills. - Ability to multi-task. - Team spirit and problem-solving abilities.
- Keep warehouse records on prolog & daily update the prolog for - Update bin card, warehouse register daily. - Ensure all program supplies store as IRC store management policies. - Raise PRs of supply chain department (utilities, communication, office & guest house rents) etc. - Produce routine cash / payment projections for Senior Supply Chain Manager (SSCM). - Produce and submit routine purchase status reports for Senior Supply Chain Manager - Support supply chain team on all routine work as assigned by SSCM.
Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
· Name of the position you have applied for
· Date of application
· Summary of your qualifications and experience
· Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
· Permanent Address and present address (if different from permanent) and telephone number if possible, also email address
· Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.