Visual Communications Officer
Application deadline 1 month ago: Thursday 3 Jun 2021Open application form
This is a UNV National Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as National UN Volunteer. It is normally only for nationals. More about UNV National Specialist contracts.
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Under the supervision of the Chief of Communication, the National UN Volunteer will undertake the following functions:
- Content creation
- Assist in writing and editing human interest stories, press releases, talking points, articles, scripts, and other written materials.
- Assist in producing and designing content for social media such as factographs, infographs, and other materials that require simple design.
- Assist Communication Section team members in events, launches, campaigns, and other key communication activities
- Adapt multimedia assets from HQ Division of Communication, Regional Office, or other UNICEF offices for the local audience
- Social media management
- Prepare social media packs for events, initiatives and campaigns.
- Lead in moderating social media platforms, engaging with UNICEF Philippines’ social media audience, and responding to online queries
- Support the development of a chatbot for UNICEF Philippines social media channels
- Support content planning and production
- Support in analyzing UNICEF Philippines’ online platforms, including measuring audience engagement, assessing key audiences, monitoring social media and website analytics, search engine optimization, and assessing the effectiveness of platforms and content to contribute to building UNICEF’s website and social media channels and audiences.
- Assist in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of advocacy and communication strategies to promote respect for children’s and women’s rights, and support UNICEF's mission in the country
Required degree level:
Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
- Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Social Sciences, Marketing or similar
- 2 years of professional experience relevant to communication, print and broadcast media, or digital, at either the national or international level
- Filipino(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise:
Other communications related experience, Arts, music, photography and film, Web and graphic design
Area of expertise details:
- Communication, experience with development and implementation of communication strategies.
- Proficiency in using computer applications (Microsoft Office Suite, email/internet, other IT applications), including design software and applications such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledgeable in Google analytics, native social media analytics. and other analytics and measurement tools for digital channels
- Skills and technical competence in producing materials and outputs for various media formats: print, web, social media
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of (enter the Programme Country) and legal residents with a residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 3 June 2021