UNV Youth Specialist in Communication
Application deadline 1 day ago: Sunday 28 Feb 2021
This is a UNV National Youth contract. This kind of contract is known as National UN Volunteer. It is normally only for nationals. More about UNV National Youth contracts.
Candidate age: between 18 and 29 throughout the entire duration of their assignment. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Cluster, the UNV will undertake the following tasks:
- Support the development of a communication strategy and implementation plan for the country office in line with the Global Communication Strategy.
- Provide sound advice and analytical inputs that contribute to strengthening institutional relations with partners and increase WHO visibility.
- Support communication for meetings, seminars and high-level WHO events on high priority public health issues and health partner coordination meetings.
- Conduct adequate research and write articles, reports, newsletters, update web and social media content, ensuring that the material is accurate and posted/published in a timely manner.
- Collaborate in editorial processes to produce publications, IEC and training materials, monitoring the work of designers, printers, etc., ensuring that the material produced is of the highest technical quality and excellence.
- Support the documentation of the WHO country office success.
- Design and execute action to support the Ministry of Health and Social Services in information management and public communication
Required degree level:
Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
Advance degree in communication, Journalism, social science or equivalent preferred.
A minimum of 2 years’ experience in communications, media engagement, marketing, and social media.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise:
Public information and reporting, Other communications related experience
Area of expertise details:
Managing organization’s corporate image
Drafting of newsletters and articles
- Analytic skills
- Networking and relationship building skills
- Interpersonal and team work skills
- Computer and management of social media skills
- Layout and graphic design skills will be an added advantage
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Leadership, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Senegal and legal residents in Senegal with a residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply. Don’t forget to tick the yes box for: “I am interested in serving as a volunteer in my own country.”
Application deadline: 28-02-2021