UNV Programme Support Officer- WEE
Application deadline 20 hours ago: Monday 1 Mar 2021
This is a UNV National Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as National UN Volunteer. It is normally only for nationals. More about UNV National Specialist contracts.
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
The Consultant will work under the direct supervision of Programme Analyst – WEE, UN Women Bangladesh, in close consultation with the Programme team:
Provide knowledge management support to the WEE team particularly “Enhancing social protection for female tea garden workers and their families in Sylhet Division, Bangladesh”.
Support in drafting and editing briefs, letters, reports and briefing papers for WEE focusing on the projects on women Tea gardens workers, RMG workers and migrant workers.
Coordinate events and national campaigns through organization of media and events.
Work closely with the communications analyst to enhance the visibility of BCO’s efforts on WEE through social media platforms.
Support for the development and dissemination of the knowledge products.
Translate and/or review translation of required key programme-related documents, and knowledge products from English to Bangla, and from Bangla to English
Maintain database of projects-related documentation on the shared platforms
Participate at the internal and external meetings as required and prepare minutes, including preparation of background documents for the meetings.
Support WEE team in the organization and coordination of key advocacy/awareness raising events, in close cooperation with the programme staff.
Provide input to various tasks such as workshops, research, analyses, and publications.
Perform other duties as may be directed by the supervisor and other team members as and when required.
Required degree level:
Master degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
Master’s degree in Social Science, Economics, Public Administration or related field.
- 02- 05 years of experiences required in relevant development field, especially in Women’s Economic Empowerment, Programme and Knowledge Management support.
- Experiences in Administration and Communications would be considered as an advantage.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills, particularly of MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Bengali(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise:
Knowledge management, archiving and documentation, Other communications related experience, Gender equality and the advancement of women
Area of expertise details:
- Organized and efficient in preparing and managing project documents.
- Accomplished writing skills (English) with experience in writing briefing notes and speeches, stories, reports, feature articles and content for the media and programmetic purpose.
- Translate and/or review translation of required key programme-related documents.
- Organization of different events( meetings, workshsops etc.)
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a National UN Volunteer Specialist assignment, therefore only nationals of (Bangladesh) and legal residents in (Bangladesh) with the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.