UNFPA Representative, Honduras - Latin America and the Caribbean Regional Office (LACRO), P-5
Application deadline 9 days ago: Friday 11 Jun 2021
This is a P-5 contract. This kind of contract is known as Professional and Director staff. It is normally internationally recruited only. It's a staff contract. It usually requires 10 years of experience, depending on education. More about P-5 contracts and their salaries.
Under the guidance of the Director of the respective Regional Office, the Representative post is located in a Country Office in a programme country and has overall responsibilities for UNFPA representation, policy, programme, finance, staff and office administration in Honduras.
The Representative leads and motivates the UNFPA team in the development of innovative, relevant approaches for engagement on issues related to population and development, sexual and reproductive health and gender. In addition, she/he as non-resident Country Director as required. The Country Director is responsible for policy, programme, finance, staff and office administration. In this function the Country Director is supported by the national staff in the respective country offices.
The Representative leads and motivates the UNFPA team in the development of innovative, relevant approaches for engagement on issues related to population and development, sexual and reproductive health and gender.
How You Can Make a Difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-graduate university degree in one or more of the following disciplines: Public Health, Medicine, Sociology, Demography, Gender, International Relations, International Development, Economics, Public Administration, Management or other related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 10 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in public administration and international development of which at least 8 years in the field of population and development at the international level.
- Job knowledge and technical expertise –up-to-date knowledge of issues of population and development, sexual and reproductive health, and gender, and their place in the development agenda.
- Proven ability to lead and manage teams to achieve demonstrable results.
- Excellent communication skills in speaking and writing in English.
- Strong interest in development work, especially the mission of the United Nations.
- Population Fund and dedication to the principles of the United Nations; and Field experience is essential.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Working knowledge of Spanish a requirement.