UN Country Team (UNCT) Disability Inclusion Focal Point
Application deadline in 9 days: Tuesday 28 Sep 2021 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV National Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as National UN Volunteer. It is normally only for nationals. More about UNV National Specialist contracts.
Description of task
* This is a National UN Volunteer assignment for a person with disability.
* Only persons with disabilities who is a national of Vietnam are eligible to apply.
The UN in Viet Nam is looking for a highly qualified, professional UN Volunteer with disabilities to take the lead in the implementation of the UNDIS, as well as its Action Plans, in UN Viet Nam. The objective of this assignment is to provide technical inputs, coordination and administration for the implementation of the UNDIS Action Plan.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of RCO, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Conduct research to provide technical inputs to ensure the disability inclusion in major UN documents, including the Common Country Analysis, One Strategic Plan, UN Development Cooperation Framework, One UN Report, BOS (Business Operation Strategy) and other strategies and policies of different departments;
- Provide inputs and updates in regular UN Country Team (UNCT) meetings on the progress of the UNDIS Action Plan implementation, as well as regular OMT meetings on the progress of the disability inclusion component in the BOS;
- Promote disability inclusion in UNCT programming, BOS annual workplan, Common Back Office service, and other operational agendas;
- Provide support to the UN Disability Inclusion Coordination Mechanism in implementing key activities outlined in the current UNDIS Action Plan;
- Provide Secretariat support for the Coordination Mechanism, including following up with stakeholders to ensure implementation of the current UNDIS Action Plan, and other related duties as required;
- Liaise with, collect and compile input from UN Agencies, Coordination Mechanism members, external consultants and other actors;
- Support drafting of reports, articles and other documents relating to activities within the current UNDIS Action Plan;
- Provide administrative and logistical support/arrangements in preparing events under the current UNDIS Action Plan, in coordination with other actors;
- Assist with relevant communication activities;
- Provide an interim report on the UN in Viet Nam’s implementation of the UNDIS, according to the UNCT’s accountability scorecard on disability inclusion;
- Develop and finalize the next UNDIS Action Plan together with Coordination Mechanism members;
- Undertake other relevant responsibilities under the UNDIS as necessary.
Educational additional comments
- Human rights, development studies, disability studies, social work, sociology, laws, or related fields.
- At least two years of experience in the area of development and/or human rights, out of which at least 1 year of experience specifically in relation to persons with disabilities;
- Proven experience and skills in advocacy;
- Proven experience working with government partners and organizations of persons with disabilities;
- Proven experience in organizing and coordinating events and activities, and in liaising with different stakeholders;
- Proven experience in leading and coordinating a team to execute a project/campaign.
- Vietnamese(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise details
- Solid knowledge in the rights of persons with disabilities, disability policies, and disability network;
- Good research, analytic and drafting skills;
- Good understanding of the UN system;
- Proven excellent work in a team and independently;
- Proven ability to work with colleagues and collaborators of diverse disability status and national and cultural backgrounds, and;
- Proficient in both English and Vietnamese.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams