Technical Field Manager
Application deadline 6 months ago: Tuesday 8 Mar 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a DRC - Expatriate contract. More about DRC - Expatriate contracts.
Technical Field Manager - Libya
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Technical Field Manager.
About the job
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Lead the resource and mobilisation effort and implementation of DRC’s Humanitarian Mine Action activities in Libya
- Identify and meet donor requirements for your specific project
- Project Management including human resources, finance, logistics, and donor reporting requirements for ongoing projects in Libya, including planning, implementing, and monitoring of mine action activities and regular follow up (Including periodic reporting to the Ops manager and Head of HDP)
- Ensure that mine action objectives and project implementation are consistent with the SOP frameworks, relevant international standards, and best practice in the sector.
- Develop work plans and operational processes.
- Represent DRC HMA in Libya and conduct meetings on behalf of DRC when required.
- Manage and monitor budgets closely and report to Operations Manager and Head of HDP
- Strategic planning, development and roll-out of future projects
- Support training and capacity building
- Support the Operations Manager and Head of HDP in an all-other program requirement
We expect the following:
- IMAS Level 3
- Project Management qualification or equatable experience.
- Minimum 5 years project management and technical management experience.
- Fluency in verbal and written English with excellent writing and reporting skills
- Knowledge of Arabic
- Working experience in INGO, community/refugee or migrants context is an asset;
- IT skills; Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel etc.
- Previous Libya experience
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 10 months
Designation of Duty Station: Non-family duty station
Start date: ASAP
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
A****pplications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 8/03/22.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo