Team Leader (m/f/d) Support to Preservation, Restoration and Regeneration of Malawi’s Natural Resources
Application deadline 3 months ago: Tuesday 26 Jul 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a GIZ - Auslandsmitarbeiter/-in contract. More about GIZ - Auslandsmitarbeiter/-in contracts.
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for the EU-funded tender: „****Support to Preservation, Restoration and Regeneration of Malawi’s Natural Resources.
The overall objective (Impact) to which this contract contributes is:
- To contribute to sustainable and inclusive transformation of food systems in Malawi.
The specific objective (Outcome) of this contract is as follows:
- Better preservation, restoration and regeneration of natural resource base and its diverse ecosystems.
Qualifications and skills
- MSc degree in any of the following: Forestry, Natural Resources Management, Land Use Planning, Soil and Water Management/Conservation; alternatively, a BSc degree in Forestry or Agriculture with a minimum of 20 years professional experience in any of the following fields: Natural Resources Management, Land Use Planning, Soil and Water Management/Conservation.
- Fluent in English
General professional experience
- Must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience in project management and administration;
- Must have at least five (5) years’ working experience in project management and administration in sub-Saharan Africa, of which at least three (3) years working with local authorities;
- Must have a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience as a Team Leader of multi-cultural teams;
Specific professional experience
- Must have at least eight (8) years of professional experience in any of the following fields; Forestry, Natural Resources Management, Soil and Water Management/Conservation and Land Use Planning;
- Must have at least eight (8) years’ experience working on Development Partner’s funded projects in any of the following fields: natural resources conservation, agricultural land resources conservation and environmental conservation;
- Must have worked on at least five (5) assignments relating to forestry, agriculture, natural resources and environmental policies and legislations ;
- Must have worked on at least five (5) assignments relating to capacity building in natural resources management;
- Must have worked on at least five (5) assignments relating to public sector reform and institutional strengthening in natural resources management;
- Experience managing EU funded grants will be considered an asset.
The operational base of the project will be Lilongwe and the three administrative regions of Malawi. Experts based in Lilongwe will have frequent travels to all participating/implementing districts while region based experts will have frequent travels to districts implementing project activities within respective regions.
Start date & period of implementation
The intended start date is 1st February 2023 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 60 months from this date. (for a minimum of 800 days).
Please understand that we can accept and process applications in principle only, via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some providers classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
Please send us an updated CV in EuropeAid format in English.
Your professional and personal development is important to us. At GIZ, you will be offered global work opportunities and an atmosphere that is characterised by diversity, respect and genuine equal opportunities. Gender equality promotion is a matter of course for us. Our benefits are also impressive in terms of work-life balance and family friendliness. Flexible working hours that fit your life situation are an integral part of our corporate culture.
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued - regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Philipp Gutmann +49 6196 79-3191