Supply Chain Officer
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. IRC has been working in Ethiopia since 1999 and is implementing integrated, community-managed programs aimed at improving the quality of lives and recovery of livelihood of the disaster-affected population’s through promoting individual participation, strengthening institutions, and emergency response.
The Supply chain Officer is responsible for all procurement processing, BvA online system management, procurement documentation and procurement reporting fleet management. She/he will supervise drivers.
The position reports to Field Manager and Supply Chain Manager based in Adama and work closely with programs, finance, human resources and administration units under the field office.
MAJOR/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS: Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Procurement planning, processing and record keeping
· Makes follow up on preparation of procurement planning
· Checks and ensures accuracy of quarterly procurement plans
· Ensures the FO procurement is done according to the set procurement plan
· Documents hard copies of quarterly procurement plan
· Processes all PRs directed within the lead time
· Checks accuracy of all received quarterly PRs
· Ensures proper PRs BvA entry
· Ensures Proper preparation of RFQ and fair distribution of RFQ to suppliers
· Ensures proper preparation of Purchase orders
· Ensures proper and accurate preparation of Payment requests
· Ensures that suppliers are ATC cleared before payment is effected
· Keeps record of ATC cleared suppliers properly
· Ensures that all suppliers working with the office are ATC cleared on annual basis
· Ensures that weekly procurement update is sent to all staff consistently
· Ensures proper documentation of all procurement documents
· Maintains completed PRs' files per grant
· Ensures safety of Procurement files and contract documents
· Work with the Supply Chain Manager and FM to design a suitably staffed and equipped transport function to support the IRC’s vehicle operations and policies.
· Implement and direct IRC standard Vehicle policies and procedures, with particular attention to safety and security issues.
· Manage and be accountable for the vehicle fleet, ordering and spare parts management of all vehicle related parts and consumables, including fuel.
· Supervise and general management of vehicle spare part stores and garage
· Manage the vehicle pool.
· Ensure that appropriate communications equipment is installed and functioning in IRC vehicles to meet the operational and security requirements.
· Ensure the correct and timely routine maintenance and repair of IRC vehicles and generators.
· Ensure that all vehicles carry the required on-board documentation and that all documents are kept current (including insurance).
· Inspect and record condition of vehicles, by maintaining weekly checklists file and ensuring that Vehicles log books are accurately filled
· Ensure all vehicles are properly cleaned on daily basis.
· Prepare weekly and monthly report on transport department and discuss with Supply Chain Manager.
· Signing on vehicle fuel forms for refueling and keeping accurate record and monitoring system on fuel consumption.
· Work with the FM and Supply Chain Manager to ensure that vehicles are prepared for routine and emergency security requirements.
· Ensure that all vehicles are secure at the time of parking.
· Collaborate with other managers and staff members in order to formulate and implement policies, procedures to meet the objective & goals of the department
· Direct the activities of staff that repair and maintain the vehicles.
· Establish quality transport and service for the organization.
· Be familiar with local regulations / laws.
· Perform other transport and transport related jobs assigned by supervisor.
· Ensures that all staff under his/her supervision has set performance objective and received performance feedbacks on a regular basis.
Prepares reports as assigned
· Post graduate/BA Degree in Supplies Management, Purchasing Management, Business Management, Commerce and Accounting.
· 2 years relevant experience for Post graduate and 3 years relevant experience for BA Degree
· Very good knowledge and experience in Microsoft Word and Excel software application.
· Must have good command of both spoken and written English and Amharic.
· Proven Ability to handle workloads and to work under pressure.
· Give attention to details
· NGO experience is plus
· Adaptability: working in a multi-cultural environment.
· Excellent representational skills
· Good communication and inter personal skill.
· Supervisory/managerial skill
· Computer, word and excel knowledge