Supply Chain Assistant (Short - Term)
To provide all necessary logistical support to the IHUB office, IRC east Africa CP activities to proceed with maximum efficiency while adhering to IRC’s logistics procedures.
The Logistics Assistant will work under the supervision of the Snr Logistics Officer in the next five months. He / she should be a strong team member who can assist in the continued development of the logistics team and contribute to the further effective running of IRC activities at IHUB. Managing bin cards at store and other process, assets management, I hub official vehicles, and transport management.
Ensure there is an adequate and neatly organized filling system for procurement documents, transport and vehicles management and other logistical records.
To ensure all logistic activities are carried out to a satisfactory standard.
• To ensure that the necessary logistics and organization is affected for all projects.
• Where necessary to support, the development and proper functioning of any project office deemed necessary to support the IHUB.
• To assess potential projects as requested by Snr Supply Chain Officer.
• To familiarize with the IRC Logistics Manual and comply with the policies outlined in the IRC Logistics Manual.
• To support the MOFA / NTSA process with IRC IHUB liaison officer with the support of Snr Supply Chain Officer
• To support other Supply chain related process / all logs’ activities in IHUB and other IRC CP .
Procurement of goods and services:
• Be responsible for all the procurements in the I hub office.
• Receive and review all Purchase Request from IHUB / Rebuild Program and operations Staff and track them in the ProLogs procurement system.
• Ensure that procurements are done in accordance with IRC Policies and procedures, ensuring that the purchases of goods and services are appropriate in terms of quality and fair market price.
• Ensure that all purchases are properly authorized in accordance with IRC Finance and Logistics policies and procedures.
• Review PRs, BA and Contracts/ PO prior to sending them to the Snr Supply Chain Officer Review and ensure that a proper record for any procurement act is kept and inventory of used LPO’s is maintained for future references.
• Ensure that all other procurement files are maintained.
• Oversee the performance of the procurement committee and participate in its meetings.
Transport and vehicles management:
• Ascertain and ensure adherence to IRC Transport and vehicle policies.
• Ensure that an update asset register is maintained monthly.
• Ensure that an updated assets inventory sheet is maintained on monthly bases.
• Ensure that all IRC assets and equipment issue form are well maintained
• Ensure that the movement of IRC assets is tracked, and the necessary documentation is done when an asset changes its status.
• Ensure that an up to date filing system for all assets maintained.
IHUB Store for stationary:
• Ensure that updating stock records is done both on the prologs and stock cards
• Ensure that an efficient storage of Tonners, Printing papers and other stationary are up to date.
• Ensure that all Logistics Policies and Procedures are followed and adhered to in all transactions.
• Prepare spot checks for stationary in I hub and maintain a file for the spot check reports
Customs clearance, shipping, and Cargo:
• Directly perform and oversee the clearance of goods destined to or from I Hub.
• Ensure all country Duties, Taxes and VAT policies are followed by IRC.
• Ensure all the paperwork, waybills, packing lists, contracts are in place before shipping any goods from I hub to other IRC country program.
• To attend meetings when requested by the Snr Supply Chain Officer.
• To maintain confidentiality.
• To continually strive to improve working methods, practices and working relationships within IRC.
• To promote an atmosphere of co-operation and team spirit among IRC staff.
• To always carry out all duties responsibly and act in a professional manner.
• Knowledge of generic procurement procedures and practices (IRC or NGO experience advantageous).
• Knowledge of Kenya customs procedures
• Experience with Duty and VAT exemption procedures
• Familiarity with major donor and local regulations / laws advantageous.
• Three years’ work experience in procurement, at least one year in a supervisory capacity.
• Monday – Friday 8.00am to 5.00pm
• Occasional evening and weekends on request.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.