Supply Chain and Admin Assistant
The Supply Chain and Admin Assistant is responsible for ensuring that that all logistics activities and procurements are done on a timely basis without compromising IRC standards, as well as other admin duties. The SC Officer will work closely with program, finance and other staff to ensure that planned activities are implemented accordingly, including timely and compliant procurement of Program supplies, services and equipment, whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for national procurement requests received and their review.
- Ensure that procurement is carried out in accordance to IRC and donor-specific policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all materials purchased are of appropriate quality and price and are timely delivered.
- Ensures timely payment to suppliers.
- Generate all required procurement documentation and maintain records and files in an impeccable manner.
- Maintain a complete filing system for all procurement related documents according to IRC Procurement Manual.
- Coordinate with Finance Department to make sure the payments are delivered to the suppliers.
- Assist program staff with raising purchase requests (PRs) and provide price estimations of goods requested.
- Update relevant staff about the status of their request and delivery and maintain regular contact with supervisor on matters of procurement.
- Produce routine purchase status including commitment and other SC reports as requested / needed.
- Preparation of procurement contracts, and Purchase orders.
- Conducting regular market surveys and maintaining an up-to-date supplier database with key supplier information.
1. Establishing and maintaining good professional working relationships with suppliers, contractors and inspection companies whilst strictly adhering to IRC’s anti-corruption guidelines and IRC’s code of conduct.
- Handles PR tracking for KPIs reports.
- Ensure all office equipment is stocked with required supplies (stationary, cleaning and kitchen supplies, toner, paper etc.).
- Review and verify bills received for the office, including utilities, maintenance, provision of standard supplies, new furniture or equipment and prepare payment requests; undertake analysis of bills to make recommendations on most cost-effective billing approaches.
Assets and Office Equipment
- Ensures proper recording and labeling of assets.
- Ensures proper utilization of assets at Office level.
- Ensures proper handling over assets and equipment’s by the staff at point of departure
- Ensures proper transfer and recording of equipment and office machines/computers and others/, furniture etc from one person to the other
Facilities Management & Supplies
- Oversee the process of receiving, logging and follow-up on requests for space, accommodation and supplies;
- Oversee and firm up identification of new premises, as required;
- Refer any maintenance required to IT department;
- Ensure office premises are well managed and maintained.
- Ensure a regularly updated visiting staff schedule is maintained;
- Oversee hotel bookings as required for visiting staff, consultants etc., including ensuring prior approval by an authorized supervisor and recording of accounting expense codes;
- Communicate with visitors to confirm arrivals, accommodations and any transport requirements;
- Ensure visitors are advised in advance of all arrangements and provided with arrival package including contacts and latest visitor security protocols;
- Verify hotel billings and prepare related payment requests;
- Perform admin duties as needed
- Perform all other ad-hoc duties, as and when assigned by supervisor
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Position Reports to IRC Italy Senior Finance Officer
- Required to work closely with the IRC Italy Program team, Program Manager and Head of Office
- External collaboration with suppliers, travel service providers etc.
- Degree or professional certification in Administration, Business Management or related field strongly preferred
- At least 3 years’ experience in Supply Chain
- Ability to develop analytical spread sheet reports.
- Proven computer literacy in MS-Word, MS-Excel MS-Access and related programs required.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to put in extra hours as required.
- Willingness to travel to the field.
- Systems oriented individual.
- Good team player.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in English and Italian, both written and spoken;
- Willingness to travel to field sites
Positions directly reports to: Senior Finance Officer, IRC Italy
This position will be based in Milan. For the right candidate, possibility to work from home from other locations in Italy
Interested candidates are invited to submit their Curriculum vitae or resume in English.
We encourage candidates to apply as early as possible. Due to the urgency of recruitment interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis before the deadline. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Due to the urgency of the recruitment, candidate applications will be considered on a rolling basis and IRC reserves the right to conclude the recruitment with a qualified candidate prior to the deadline.