Statistical activities for Caribbean relevant climate change and disaster indicators production
Application deadline 10 months ago: Sunday 20 Mar 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
Result of Service With the remote capacity building provided by the consultant and ECLAC team, practitioners from the Caribbean subregion will be better equipped to take further steps towards compiling and developing selected climate change and disaster indicators themselves.
Work Location Telecommuting
Expected duration 09 months.
Monthly payment according to duties already detailed.
Duties and Responsibilities The consultant shall execute the following duties in coordination with the ECLAC Environment Statistics team and ECLAC Subregional Headquarters for the Caribbean in Port-of-Spain:
1. Use databases to extract Caribbean relevant and comparable environmental, climate change and disaster indicators for the subregion, together with their updated graphics, which serve as evidence for the training and construction of indicators in the Caribbean countries (OP2.1).
2. Provide technical assistance to Caribbean countries in filling out of the Environment Statistics Self-Assessment Tool (ESSAT) for both target and non-target Caribbean countries (OP1.1).
3. Produce short reports and briefings of main findings and challenges from each completed Environment Statistics Self-Assessment Tool (ESSAT) (OP2.3).
4. Contribute to updating the statistical evidence presented and that will be used in the key documents that are used for training and online seminars (OP1.2).
5. Contribute to updating and maintaining a dedicated Caribbean countries English-speaking group created within the existing Regional Network on Environment Statistics. Contribute to the continuous improvement of design and content to serve as resources for the permanent training of the countries of the Caribbean region (OP2.2).
6. Perform any other tasks in support of the project as needed.
Qualifications/special skills Academic Qualifications: The consultant should have at least an academic degree in Economy, Statistics, Environment Sciences, Geography, or a related field. Experience: The consultant must have at least 3 years of work experience in calculus and interpretation of indicators. Experience in technical training, as well as database management is an advantage. Direct experience in methodological work, statistical analysis for work purposes of this hiring Language: The consultant needs to be fluent in written and spoken Spanish and intermediate in written and spoken English.
No Fee THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.