Specialist in Project management and monitoring
Application deadline 1 month ago: Tuesday 4 May 2021
This is a UNV International Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as International UN Volunteer. It is normally internationally recruited only. More about UNV International Specialist contracts.
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Deputy Representative , the international volunteer of United Nations will contribute to the monitoring and evaluation and documentation of the projects, it will be:
- Support implementation and monitoring of projects
- Ensure effective monitoring and evaluation of activities, in close collaboration with the sections
- Carry out programmatic visits, periodic reminders, inciting evidence on progress and impact of interventions
- Prepare and periodically share the performance indicator sheets in the implementation and reuse of resources
- Prepare and submit on time narrative and financial reports of projects that activities are assigned to it in accordance with the formats required by the donors.
- Contribute to the development efforts of the proposals
Required degree level:
Master degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
Master degree in Management, Development, International affairs or equivalent
Minimum 3 years of professional experience (including volunteering) in project and program ma-nagement
- Qualifications, skills, experience:
. Working knowledge in government/NGO/UN agencies program. ;
Ability to liaise and collaborate with service providers, networks, government, community and youth ;
Flexibility, adaptability to work independently, in a multicultural context ;
Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English
Genuine Commitment to the principles of voluntary engagement, which includes solidarity, compassion, reciprocity, empowerment and commitment to core United Nations values
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
Area of expertise:
Monitoring and evaluation
Area of expertise details:
Monitoring and evaluation
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Creativity, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Leadership, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 04-05-2021