Space Planner (Facility Management) - Consultant
Application deadline in 7 days: Thursday 1 Jul 2021
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The Administration function is a community of almost 4,000 team members, worldwide – ranging from facility managers, engineers, and environmental officers to drivers and maintenance workers, managing critical Administration and Engineering services that WFP’s humanitarian operations cannot run without. Ensuring duty-of-care and enabling the actions of WFP’s more than 20,000 colleagues, Administration teams are relied upon to respond to field needs as quickly and as effectively as possible, effortlessly adapting to changing priorities.
Our WFP Facilities team, situated in the Facilities Management Unit of the Management Services division, based in Rome, Italy is currently seeking a Space Planner Consultant.
This team supports WFP colleagues within Headquarter as well as globally for the provision of guidance, oversight and support for the management of building facilities and implementation of New Ways of Working initiatives and a flexible workspace.
This team supports WFP colleagues within Headquarter as well as globally for the provision of guidance, oversight and support for the management of building facilities and implementation of New Ways of Working initiatives and flexible workspace. The role will be accountable for implementing the mandate of the Facility Management unit, related to Workspace Services. The Space Planner Consultant creates inspiring spaces and innovative services to enhance, maintain, and sustain working environments that bring WFP’s culture and values to life. Enhancing and maintaining all aspects of what keeps WFP’s workspaces operating seamlessly within HQ. Working towards consistently introducing the industry-leading best practices within Facility Management and contributing to making WFP a great place to work and where employees can thrive. The successful candidate must operate as a partner to a diverse range of leaders and stakeholders with customer service, solutions-oriented approach. She/he must be confident and skilled at both strategy and technical levels, simultaneously acting as an internal ambassador, solutions architect, and implementer. Having passion and in-depth knowledge of facility management operations with a focus on flexible workspace and new ways of working initiatives. This individual also has experience in developing, implementing, and managing projects.
Act as a liaison officer for the implementation of New Ways of Working (NWW) model, and work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to ensure cohesive delivery of services (i.e. Landmark, IT, HR, procurement, WFP employees etc.) and to ensure that all inputs are taken into account
Prepare stacking plans to redistribute the office spaces according to new workspace scenario to provide workplace flexibility fostering a more collaborative, efficient, and cost-effective environment,
Contribute to managing and limiting the growth of the Organization’s real estate footprint – avoiding avoidable increases in leasing costs and the associated environmental impact, by analyzing available data to ensure that the right percentage of flexibility is assigned to the NWW model and communicating deviations
Engage with each client of the NWW process to explain in a passionate and inspiring way how positively the new working environment will affect their performance; be the lead in establishing the process that will lead to Team/Client engagement in a flexible workplace
Provide technical advice and support in HQ on the implementation of WFP policies, standards, norms and practices including procurement procedures related to systems, construction activities and engineering services to ensure that outputs meet the established quality standards and are compliant with wider WFP policies, procedures, guidelines and operations
Manages, guides, develops, and trains employees under his/her supervision
Fosters teamwork and communication among employees in the branch and across organizational boundaries.
Manage and/or facilitate the facility service operations, including refurbishments and enhancements of new or existing premises to deliver quality, customer-focused, inspiring and value for money solutions
Drafts statements of requirements and service delivery bidding documentation for the provision of services by the Office of Procurement Services.
Create meaningful experiences providing interior design solutions and contribute to disseminating WFP culture with high quality and original graphic design materials. In addition, provide a clear and concise wayfinding system that stands out in the built environment providing user-focused information implementation of relevant strategies specifically related to Space Management and guide the space planning team
Manages, maintains, and updates a complex computerized CAFM system and databases to facilitate and expedite the usability, accuracy, integrity and availability of data for space utilization purposes (space, move, events and booking system modules).
Responds to various requests for reports and documentation concerning the functional use of facilities and space to assist MSD Senior Management in short- and long-range planning.
Contribute to the implementation of environmental sustainability culture throughout WFP through comprehensive Facility Management (including Energy Efficiency and collaboration with Environmental Sustainability and OSH)
- Stacking/distribution plans are prepared according to a flexible workplace strategy, and internal stakeholders are consulted, informed and in agreements with such proposals. All inputs were taken into account.
- The growth of the Organization was absorbed within the current real estate portfolio and office space to divisions was allocated according to the New Ways of Working model.
- All Divisions moving to the NWW model are engaged and informed on flexible workspace modalities. A process that will lead to Team/Client engagement to flexible workplace being established.
- Oversight and guidance of the space planning team are provided.
- RFP/RFQ for goods and services related to the workspace is completed within the established timeframe
- Refurbishment works are completed within the established timeline
- The modules of the CAFM systems related to space, moving services and booking system are implemented in HQ and to field offices (if requested)
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced degree in Architecture, Civil Engineer, Real Estate/Facility Management or related discipline
- Industry-related certifications ( IWFM, IFMA, CIPS, RICS, PMI) are highly regarded
Knowledge & Skills:
- At least six (6) years of progressively professional experience in space planning (flexible working environment), project management, managing facilities and renovation work in a large, international organization, at least some of which has been gained through working in similar contexts to WFP (diverse geographical locations, including in developing countries)
- Demonstrated knowledge, skill, and ability to manage computer-based facilities and space management systems, including the use of CAD.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, practices, and methods of Space Management.
- Strong organizational and time management skills including the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to work effectively with vendors, staff, and users at all levels.
- Ability to provide study reports, technical documentation, papers and/or project plans for technical staff members.
- Significant depth and breadth of knowledge of ARCHIBUS or similar CAFM and booking systems.
- Technical experience in database systems development and maintenance.
- Experience developing and managing budget, including capital budget justification.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- At least an intermediate level in MS Outlook, MS Word, MS PowerPoint.
- Fluency in written, spoken and oral comprehension of English essential.
- Second UN language would be an asset, particularly Arabic, French, or Spanish.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Thursday, July 1st, 2021
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate based on HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.