Social Media and Web Analyst/Digital strategist
Location: Italy or Greece
Language Requirements: English proficiency
Signpost is a digitally enabled responsive information service that supports and empowers populations in crisis, including asylum seekers, migrants, and people who have experienced violence. Our program equips people with information to understand their options so that they can make informed decisions about how to stay safe, get urgent care for acute problems, exercise their rights, and access services. It was developed by the IRC and Mercy Corps in 2015 to address asylum seekers’ and migrants’ pressing need for reliable information upon arrival to Greece, and is now active in 15 countries on 5 continents.
It meets communities on the digital platforms they already use and aims to deliver information that is contextualized to their specific needs and speaks to their lived realities. This approach draws on evidence that people are more likely to trust and act on information that is responsive to their needs, speaks to their lived realities, and that comes from “peers” rather than authority figures.
Upon recruiting the Social Media & Web Analyst/Digital Strategist will collect, analyze and monitor KPIs across Refugee.Info websites (Italy and Greece) and social media channels (Facebook, WhatsApp) of both instances plus the social media channels of the local partner of Refugee.Info Greece. After initial assessment the key objective of this position is to make relevant recommendations to each instance for improving the digital strategy and reach more people with the information they need, on the platforms they already use. Through a data-driven approach, s/he will be advising RI team both in Italy and Greece on how to build, engage and retain an audience and continuously adjust the digital strategy and improve performance across platforms Together with the editorial teams the Social Media & Web Analyst/Digital Strategist will be responsible for building, engaging and retaining an audience on social media and supports the implementation of targeted, context specific social media strategies including social media engagement and content optimization.
● With the support of M&E Advisor, set up a mechanism to track and monitor relevant indicators.
● Analyze Refugee.Info social media growth, engagement and audience behaviors using different analytical tools and keep editorial teams updated.
● Manage project related to increasing data insights and doing digital research.
● Continuously monitor web and social media KPIs, flag criticalities and make recommendations to the RI editorial teams to improve the digital and marketing strategy.
● Help to develop, execute, and monitor the impact of routine - to medium-profile communications strategies and campaigns.
● Provide recommendations to grow and retain Refugee.Info audience across multiple channels.
● Maintain and develop cutting-edge knowledge of current global and local social media content best practice and make recommendations.
● Hold periodically data review meetings with editorial teams to outline KPIs that perform well and those who do not. Discuss strategy to improve those metrics with the editorial team content production modalities are informed through the findings of these meetings.
● Comparing results from Italy and Greece and create a community of practice where best practices are exchanged and learning is fostered.
● Monitor Google analytics, Zendesk Explore tool, and Facebook Analytics data to draw insights
● Bachelor’s degree in communications, social media management or equivalent combination of background and experience.
● 3 years of experience in digital communications and monitoring, including developing and implementing social media strategies for diverse audiences, and creating marketing campaigns.
● Skills or exposure to Pythorn or R programming languages.
● Experience in administering enterprise products or tools.
● Experience in creating surveys and assessments or administering feedback research.
● Proficiency with online performance measurement and impact analysis tools, with and ability to research, identify, and map intended audiences and stakeholders.
● Innate understanding of the digital landscape, social media platforms, tools and what makes digital content work. Experience with these tools in the aid sector context will be considered an important asset.
● Solid experience analyzing data and audience behavior to inform digital strategy and content creation.
● Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to successfully work in a fast-paced environment.
● Proficiency in English. Fluency in Italian or Greek a plus.
● Experience in a humanitarian organization is a plus.
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position.
Remote working modality is possible. Depending on the location of the successful candidate (Greece or Italy) some trips between the two countries should be expected.
The International Rescue Committee is an Equal Opportunity Employer. International Rescue Committee considers all candidates on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation