Site Maintenance Assistant, Service Contract, Level 2
Application deadline in 2 days: Monday 6 Feb 2023 at 20:29 UTCOpen application form
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Job Title: Site Maintenance Assistant Grade: Service Contract Level 2 Type of contract: Service Contract Duration: 1 Year (Renewable) Reporting to: Unit Head, Social Protection & Supply Chain Duty Station: Country Office, New Delhi, India Vacancy Number: 319359 Date of Publication: 17 January 2023 Deadline of Application: 06 February 2023
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• This vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only. • This vacancy is open for internal and external candidates. As per the WFP’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, the definition of “internal” is only applicable to WFP staff members holding a permanent, continuing or FT appointment. • Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted. • A written/practical test may be used for screening candidates. • Only recommended candidates will be retained on roster for a period of two years and may be considered for similar positions from roster. • The salary for this position is INR 34,619 per month and medical benefits as per WFP's plan. All tax liability for payments from this contract are to be borne by the subscriber.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Completion of secondary school education.
Minimum 2 years’ experience in site maintenance, basic record keeping and store maintenance. Basic Knowledge of excel, word etc would be an added advantage.
Fluency in oral and written communication skills in English and Hindi
The World Food Programme (WFP), operating in India since 1963, aims to provide technical support to strengthening the government’s food safety-nets programmes to improve access to food for millions of vulnerable households throughout the country. Through its Country Strategic Plan (2023-2027), WFP India aims to support India in achieving their targets under Sustainable Development Goals 2 and 17. Strategic Outcome (SO) 1 of WFP’s current CSP (2023-2027) is aimed at enhancing the efficiency, targeting, service delivery and supply chain of government programmes for improving access to food and sharing of best practices on warehouse management.
WFP is currently working through partnership agreements with Department of Food and Public Distribution (DFPD) at the national level and with the state governments of Odisha, Uttarakhand, Meghalaya, and Uttar Pradesh. As part of the CSP 2023-2027, WFP shall continue towards improving the service delivery of food-based safety nets through optimizing existing supply chain operations, improving warehousing operations for food grains and market linkages for small holder farmers, supporting End to End (EtE) Automation of Targeted Public Distribution System (TPDS), and developing best practices.
Perform routine deployment and maintenance tasks at various project sites aligned to projects of WFP supply chain and PDS units.
Under the direct supervision of the Head, Social Protection & Supply Chain Unit, the incumbent would be required to perform the following duties
- The Specific responsibilities and Key functions: (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
- Provide basic site maintenance and installation work including basic electric wiring, carpentry work basic site repairs and civil work etc., ensuring well-functioning equipment.
- Oversee and/or review, the work of WFP contracted filed partners, vendors, casual labour etc. provide follow ups on installation and basic site maintenance on regular basis and provide guidance to casual labour, vendors etc. in consultation with the Head Supply chain and PDS
- Contribute to keeping accurate inventory records through physical check and maintenance of lists/database, and arrange disposal of identified equipment and materials, strictly following supervisor’s instructions and WFP assets management guidelines in close coordination with Administration Unit.
- Report on works undertaken, services provided, materials used for installations/repairs and maintains/updates database records for the same.
- Make regular visits to various field locations to assist in monitoring and implementation of projects.
- The incumbent will be required to travel frequently; and will also be directly involved in providing deployment support.
- Documentation & Knowledge Management:
- Prepare progress reports for field visits and deployment as required for unit.
- Job incumbent should be prepared to travel extensively on the various locations as and when required for the implementation of the projects.
HOW TO APPLY
• Interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings). Applications received on WFP Career page will be considered. • WFP wants to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible to people with disabilities. For accessibility requirements you may have, please write to us at email: [email protected] with Subject line “Accessibility request for people with disabilities - VA No……. ”.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.