Shelter and Settlement Team Leader
Application deadline 7 months ago: Sunday 6 Feb 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a DRC - National contract. More about DRC - National contracts.
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunities for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been actively operating in Syria since 2008 mainly supporting refugees. In June 2012, DRC was authorized by the Syrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) to expand its humanitarian efforts and provide assistance to IDPs and the vulnerable resident population countrywide. Since then, DRC activities have been focused on NFI distributions, Shelter, WASH, Protection, Education, Livelihoods, and Mine Risk Education in six Governorates (Damascus, Rural Damascus, Dara'a, Aleppo, Hama, and Homs). While Protection/community service activities are provided to beneficiaries throughout our six Community Centers.
About the job
The Shelter & Settlement team leader will be a member of DRC Syria Shelter and Settlement Unit. He/she will be responsible for field visits mainly in the Governorate depending on the security situation. He/she will play a major role in assessing schools, collective shelters, and unfinished buildings to be rehabilitated, WASH Settlement. He/she will have to prepare Bill of quantities and monitor rehabilitation works implemented by contractors
Duties and Responsibilities
- Set work plan for the rehabilitation project in governorate including shelter, school, and WASH Settlement.
- Liaison with local authorities for proceeding DRC rehabilitation approvals
- Verify & Identification buildings and facilities for rehabilitation.
- Preparation for tender documents and liaison with procurement
- Writing report about construction work status.
- Monitoring construction works, verifying work status for processing payments.
- Monitor the head counting and Quality Survey and support the MEAL team on the field level if required.
- Participating in coordination meeting on governorate level if requested
- Any other task as requested by the direct manager
- Attending shelter and Settlement meetings on the governorates level.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum three years working experience in monitoring construction works, preparing Bill of quantitates, verifying construction material qualities.
- Minimum three years of management experience at a mid to senior level
- Proven management skills and a competence in people management
- Three years of management experience at a mid to senior level with experience in the field of humanitarian response and refugee protection working for an international NGO, UN agency, relevant ministry, or local authority.
- Full professional proficiency in both English and Arabic languages.
- University degree in civil or architecture engineering
- Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel, and AutoCAD
- engineering university degree.
Master’s degree ( Desirable )
Must be fluent in both English and Arabic
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Contract length: 6 months
Level: G Management
Expected Start date: 15-Feb-2022
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply link https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid=1036&ProjectId=163303&DepartmentId=19001&MediaId=5 All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
Need further information?
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.org